Finally, iOS 11 beta 4 has been released to developers, this update of iOS 11 includes quite a few changes and we dug to find them. New Home screen app icons for Contacts and Notes, you can now open apps via Lock screen notifications with Touch ID authentication. Have a look at EverytingApplePro’s video where he goes through all the new changes in the latest iOS 11 beta 4.
Here,s a list of features and changes:
- New splash screen for Notes App
- Modified Notes App icon
- New splash screen for Photos App
- Updated Reminders App icon
- New Contacts App icon
- Slightly modified Safari logo
- Bolder Wi-Fi status bar icon
- Icons for Web, App Store, and Maps search options in Spotlight
- Updated Timer icon in Control Center
- New Screen Recording count down animation in Control Center
- Screen Recording now says “Start Recording” instead of Broadcasting
- New Low Power Mode icon animation in Control Center
- New mute icon animation on iPad Control Center
- Relocated AirDrop preferences panel
- Settings → General → About → Capacity now shows capacity on marketing materials
- Pull-to-refresh in App Store Updates tab
- Swipe gestures on Lock screen Notifications (View/Clear/Open)
- Open apps from Lock screen Notifications with new Touch ID UI
- App Switcher auto-closes when all apps cleared
- App Switcher won’t launch when all apps closed
- iCloud Message sync settings now in iCloud preferences
In this iOS 11 Developer Beta 4 update, Apple fixed a lot of bugs including the battery issues and Safari. EverythingApplePro goes into more detail in his video.
If you liked the video you can subscribe here.
We are still testing the new iOS beta 4 to find out what new features are available. If you find something please get in touch on twitter.
To install the new iOS 11 developer beta 4, head to Settings > General > Software Update on your compatible device, and you’ll find iOS 11 beta 4 ready and waiting for you as long as you have the beta profile installed on your iPhone or iPad.