Apple has now made possible to watch Amazon Prime movies on your Apple TV. Amazon has made Prime Instant Video apps available for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch but it has not yet introduced the app for Apple TV which can be a bit of a pain.
While it is easy to watch Amazon Prime Movies and TV Shows on Apple TV, it isn’t entirely straightforward. You can watch Amazon Prime Content on Apple TV using an iOS device (iPhone, iPad or an iPod touch) that has installed the Prime Instant Video App.
You can also stream Amazon video from your Mac so long as it is running Mac OS X 10.11 or later. If it is you should select the movie or TV show you want to watch on the Amazon website using your Web browser on your computer before following the steps below.
How to watch Amazon Prime Video on Apple TV using an iOS Device?
- First, make sure that your iOS device is on the same Wi-Fi network as the Apple TV.
- Launch the Prime Instant Video app on your iOS device and log in.
- Choose the movie you want to watch and press Play on the app.
- Swipe upwards from the bottom of your iOS display to access Control Center.
- Tap the AirPlay button (an upward pointing triangle with a rectangle above it looks like a television).
- Choose the Apple TV you want to stream the movie too and tap its name in the dialog box.
- The movie or TV show should now be playing on your Apple TV.
How to watch Amazon Prime Movies on Apple TV using a Mac?
- When the movie begins to tap the AirPlay button at the top right of your Mac Menu bar (to the left of the volume icon) and select the Apple TV you wish to stream the content through to.
- Your Mac desktop should appear on your TV screen.
- Now tap the ‘Full Screen’ button you can see in the window in which your Amazon media is playing. That full-screen image should also be visible on your TV screen, thanks to Apple TV.
When will Amazon Prime come on Apple TV?
Apple said months ago that an Amazon Prime Video app would be coming to the Apple TV “later this year,” but the entire summer went by without it ever showing up.
Now, a sketchy rumor that’s being spread by a Reddit commenter going by the name of “AmazonVideoEngineer,” who claims we’ll finally see the Prime Video app hit Apple’s set-top box on October 26. As you can see today is October 31 and there’s no sign of the Amazon Prime App on Apple TV.
And that’s how you watch Amazon Prime Video on your Apple TV.