Following the introduction of iOS 11 at the WWDC, Apple released the first beta of the software belonging to the mobile operating system for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Many users have already dared to install the iOS 11 beta.
While some users are satisfied with the performance (and news) of the operating system realising that it is a beta version, many other users would like to return to iOS 10. Without going any further, in our blog, we have received dozens of comments from our readers reporting problems with the battery, slowdowns and other iOS bugs 11.
If you’ve had problems with the iOS 11 beta and would like to go back to iOS 10.3.2 on your iPhone, iPad and/or iPod touch, this article will explain how to do it.
How to uninstall iOS 11
Here’s s step by step guide on how to uninstall iOS 11.
To downgrade from iOS 11 to iOS 10.3.2 the first thing you need to do is to recover a backup of your device before installing iOS 11.
This step is very important, according to the instructions of Apple in your web page, you will have to put your device in recovery mode and connect it to iTunes via Mac or PC.
1. Press and hold the lock button on your iPhone / iPad until “Slide to Off” appears.
2. Connect the Lightning cable to the PC / Mac.
3. Press and hold the Home button.
4. In the case of the iPhone 7, press and hold the Volume Down button.
5. Connect your iPhone / iPad to the PC / Mac with the Lightning cable via USB while keeping the button pressed.
6. You will see a screen indicating the connection to iTunes on your iPhone / iPad.
7. iTunes should open automatically.
8. The software will recognise that your device is in recovery mode.
9. In the iTunes, popup window selects the “Restore” option.
10. Press “Restore and Update” later. Click “Next” and accept the terms and conditions of use.
From here iTunes will begin downloading iOS 10.3.2 (or the version you had installed on your last backup). If it is not installed automatically, you should look for the option “Restore backup” in iTunes.
This is how to downgrade from iOS 11 to iOS 10.3.2.