Welcome

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Must have music apps for iPhone

Discussion in 'Games and Apps' started by Alex Dmitri, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Alex Dmitri

Staff Member Super Admin Contributor

Here are a few music apps for iPhone that I have on my smartphone and I use on a daily basis.

1. Spotify

spotify-update-carplay.jpg

Spotify for iPhone is a premium app on a monthly membership basis and it costs £9.99 per a calendar month.
    It has quite a few cool features like playlists and radio but the best thing about Spotify is that you can listen to any song online and offline and you can create your own playlists or listen to playlists created by others. I think it's quite expensive for what it does but it has a premium look and feel and you can find pretty much any type of music. I can't say I searched for a song and I couldn't find it in Spotify.

You can download Spotify here.

2. Shazam

Untitled-2_2885358b.jpg

Shazam is an app that I've been using for a solid 5 years, it's one of the apps that I always install on my phone first thing after I bought it. Shazam does a very simple but useful thing, It tells you a song's name and who plays it just by listening to it for a few seconds. We've all been there, you are in a pub or a shopping mall and you hear a song you like but you don't know how is called or at least who's playing it. The inconvenience with Shazam is that it won't work if you don't have an internet connection but it's still a must have app.

You can download Shazam here.

3. 8tracks Radio

1465312226671-track-1555-xl.jpg

The 8tracks Radio app (Free) is unique in the world of iPhone music apps. It features user-submitted online music mixes to help you find and discover new music.
    Each online mix on 8tracks Radio lasts a minimum of 30 minutes, which generally means it has about eight music tracks--hence the name.
    There is a lot of variety within the 8tracks Radio app, although it’s hard to tell exactly what genre you are getting -- especially since some of the descriptions are more "artsy" than informative.

I was able to find everything from Eminem to Arcade Fire to Black Sabbath. There is an area to browse by artist or genre, although the mixes themselves aren’t always clearly labeled.

You can download 8tracks Radio here.

I will keep adding music apps here as I discover them, give these ones a try if you like to listen music on your iPhone.

2. Chief Navy

Contributor

I use spotify and shazam as well, great apps.