Welcome

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you sync Outlook contacts and notes with iPhone 7?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MartinKrzyrtoph, Mar 24, 2017.

1. MartinKrzyrtoph

Contributor

Hi!
    I have a syncing issue between my PC Outlook 2013 and iPhone, which I don't know how to fix.
    I want to synchronize contacts and notes between Outlook and iPhone 7. iTunes works good with syncing contacts but it turns out that iTunes no longer supports syncing notes (at least I don't see or couldn't find this checkbox in iTunes) and that's frustrating. I'm not a fan of using iCloud for storing my personal data, especially when it comes to passwords and credit card details which I store in Outlook notes.
    Is there any workaround to make iPhone sync notes with Outlook?

2. Alex Dmitri

Staff Member Super Admin Contributor

How to add Outlook mail, calendar, contacts to your iPhone or iPad's Mail app
    1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
    2. Tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
    3. Tap on Add Account.
    4. Tap on Outlook.com.
    5. Enter your Outlook.com username and password and then tap Nextin the upper right hand corner.
    6. Choose the services you'd like to enable and sync with Outlook and then tap Save in the upper right hand corner.
    outlook_add_mail_account_howto_1.jpg

And you're done! You will miss out on any web-specific features, which are what Microsoft is working to make all shiny and revolutionary, but you will get all your mail in the unified inbox, right beside iCloud and Gmail if you use those services as well. You can also set up Outlook.com as an Exchange account. Just follow the same steps above but choose the Exchange optionfor account type and use m.hotmail.com as your server.

3. MartinKrzyrtoph

Contributor

Hello Alex,
    Thank you very much for your input. As I was saying, I'm not very happy with using any cloud for my sensitive data.
    Call me paranoid but that's the way I am.
    Currently testing this software as a replacement to iTunes in terms of syncing with Outlook:
    http://www.akruto.com/sync-iphone-with-outlook/
    It looks promising as it doesn't send any data to the cloud but the bad thing is that it has no option to sync over USB which makes it harder to synchronize data during the flights or in hotels. Far as now it works fine and syncs everything automatically but I'm not really sure I want to pay a full price (which is $40) for some default functionality I used to have in iTunes. So if there's still a way to sync over iTunes, I would be grateful for a workaround.
    Still, thanks for your time and instructions.

Alex Dmitri likes this.