The iPhone X Pre-Order is around the corner, here are a few tips to help you get one quickly.
About the iPhone X
The Apple iPhone X is a new smartphone from Apple that was announced on September 12th and will be available for order on October 27th. The iPhone X will feature an all-glass design with 5.8” Super Retina display, the A11 Bionic chip with Neural Engine, Qi wireless charging and an improved rear camera with dual optical image stabilization. iPhone X delivers a new way for customers to unlock, authenticate and pay using Face ID, enabled by the new TrueDepth camera. Learn more at Apple
Securing an iPhone X Pre-Order
- Be there on time, which is 3:01 am EST/12:01 PST on October 27th
- The best way to pre-order is the Apple Store App, preferably on your fastest device and with a solid internet connection. Force quitting the app and re-opening it constantly seems to be the quickest way to access the store
- If you own multiple devices, use them to your advantage (example: Apple Store open on your iPad that’s connected to wifi, and your phone on LTE in case your home internet cuts out)
- Have your credit card and shipping address filled out in the app. This is imperative, you don’t want to be scrambling for your credit card or inputting your address during this pressing time. A difference of 1 minute can be the difference in weeks/months when it comes to receiving the product
- On the same note, make sure your Apple Wallet is ready with your credit/debit and your address. Apple Wallet is the fastest way to check out
- Favorite the phone you want on the Apple Store App. You can do so right now in the shop tab. It’ll appear under the “account” tab when you are done tapping the heart in the top right corner after you’ve chosen your specifications
- Do a test run. Make sure all of the above is completed and ready to go, then go ahead and try to order any random product. Don’t worry, you don’t have to complete an order, just make sure you get to Apple Pay/checkout and that all the details in the process, like your shipping address, are correct. I went as far as practicing this enough to reduce the overall process of the duration by 10 seconds
- Think about the color/capacity you want and how much it matters to you. The most sought-after version of the iPhone X is likely to be the 64GB space grey model. Luckily for me, I’ll be going for the 256GB Silver model, which is likely to be the least popular model of the X. Take these into consideration
Do you have any iPhone X Pre-Order tips to share with us? Comment below.