Since we were right about the release of the iOS developer beta 4 on the 24th of July we decided to speculate on the release of the iOS 11 beta 5.
Apple releases a series of improved betas leading up to a major iOS 11 update. Most of the updates will just fix a few bugs found in the previous beta – these may be detailed in the release notes – but some will add new features that hadn’t been available before. Apple will continue to release betas after iOS 11 launches, too. There will be a beta of iOS 11.1, for example, before it’s made available to everyone, not just developers.
At the time of writing the latest version is iOS 11 developer beta 4. Here is a summary of the changes and features added in the iOS 11 beta 4:
- New splash screen for Notes App
- Modified Notes App icon
- New splash screen for Photos App
- Updated Reminders App icon
- New Contacts App icon
- Slightly modified Safari logo
- Bolder Wi-Fi status bar icon
- Icons for Web, App Store, and Maps search options in Spotlight
- Updated Timer icon in Control Center
- New Screen Recording count down animation in Control Center
- Screen Recording now says “Start Recording” instead of Broadcasting
- New Low Power Mode icon animation in Control Center
- New mute icon animation on iPad Control Center
- Relocated AirDrop preferences panel
- Settings → General → About → Capacity now shows capacity on marketing materials
- Pull-to-refresh in App Store Updates tab
- Swipe gestures on Lock screen Notifications (View/Clear/Open)
- Open apps from Lock screen Notifications with new Touch ID UI
- App Switcher auto-closes when all apps cleared
- App Switcher won’t launch when all apps closed
- iCloud Message sync settings now in iCloud preferences
iOS 11 beta 4 has just been released and it’s currently available to registered developers for now. Apple typically holds new public beta versions for a few days for major updates. If you don’t have a developer account but still want to try the iOS 11 developer beta, check out this article on how to install iOS 11 beta without a developer account that we wrote previously.
So what’s the iOS 11 beta 5 estimated release date?
Apple beta releases typically follow a two-week schedule. Since the iOS 11 beta 3 release came on July 10th and the beta 4 on July 24th, the iOS beta 5 should arrive on 7th of August, give or take a few days.
Stay tuned for updates on the iOS 11 by visiting our iOS 11 section.