If you want to replace the screen of your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus because they have been damaged, you will surely want to change this piece for yourself instead of paying someone to do it and it is completely valid due to how expensive it can be to repair the screen Of an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus, besides that is not something very complicated to do either.
However, you should take into account that this would lose the warranty of your iPhone 7 or 7 Plus so you should follow these steps carefully so as not to spoil your mobile more than it already is.
Elements you will need to perform the replacement of the screen of your iPhone 7 or 7 Plus
In order to replace the screen of your mobile phone in an easier way and with less probability of breaking the casing you will need certain elements that we will name you next:
Spudger: this tool is widely used for the repair of electronic devices since it has antistatic properties and is very flexible which makes it ideal for working with electronic components that can be damaged by scratching them. It has two ends one flat and one pointed, the plane can be used to connect or disconnect component, remove thermal paste, lever and the pointed end can also be used to disconnect and connect components as well as to hold objects at the time of welding. You can buy this tool from the iFixit website.
- IOpener: this tool is a gel contained in a bag that we can heat in the microwave, serves to temporarily weaken the adhesive that attaches to the screens of mobile phones. You can buy this tool from the iFixit website.
- Screen for iPhone or iPhone 7 Plus: this part an be obtained in any workshop where repair phones or even on pages like Amazon.
In this guide you will see how you can replace the screen of your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus without damaging any of the cables or internal components, in addition, you will have an explanatory video so you do not get lost in the process.
Steps to replace the screen your iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
1) First, you must remove the two Penta lobular screws that are on the bottom edge of your iPhone.
2) Now you should heat the iOpener for thirty seconds in the microwave, be sure to hold it by the edges when you take it out of the microwave to avoid burns.
3) Position the iOpener on the bottom edge of the phone to soften the adhesive that holds the screen, this would not take more than a minute.
4) With the help of a suction cup, you must raise the screen, for this you must fix it just above the Home button.
5) When you lift the screen lightly you will create a small space between the screen and the casing, with the help of a spudger or a small spatula you should open the iPhone by sliding it to the left the opening, going up to the volume and silence buttons.
6) Now you must remove the spudger and insert it in the lower right corner and perform the same procedure on the right side of the phone so you can break the adhesive.
7) You should pull the suction cup to finish lifting the screen when you do, you will need to slide something thin like a guitar nail into the top edge of the iPhone to finish breaking the remaining adhesive.
8) Now you must carefully pull the screen as far from the top edge of the phone as you can to unhook the clips that hold it.
9) Remove the three-prong screws from the lower connector bracket and with the spudger lift the battery connector.
10) With the flat end of the spudger, you must disconnect the two lower connectors of the screen by lever upwards.
11) Remove the screws holding the sensor connector bracket on the front panel and then remove the bracket, then proceed to disconnect the sensor from the front panel.
12) Finally, remove the screen, replace it with the new one and reassemble your iPhone 7 or 7 Plus.
This is all you need to know to replace the screen of your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus, but remember to do this very carefully as you will lose the warranty when opening your mobile.