1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My iPhone X review

Discussion in 'iPhone X' started by Ricky, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Ricky

Staff Member Contributor Super Moderator

Device:
    iPhone X
    I Preordered my phone over the phone with Telstra the moment that the preorders were available. I was lucky enough that my previous contract expired two days before the preorders opened, so I did not have a contract exit fee. My fabulous new iPhone X 256Gb Space Grey arrived on the 3rd of November at about 9am. I was so excited. It took all of a couple of minutes to set up and get going, even though it felt like forever. Getting back to the phone itself, I love it. I have not had any issues as have some other owners, like the green line or the cold issue. The facial recognition works great even with my sunglasses on.

The Notch
    I like the notch, I think that it is like an icon of the iPhone X and it kind of gives the clock and the signal bars a home if you know what I mean.

Camera

The rear camera is awesome and I have taken some amazing photos with it. I have also taken some great selfies but I find the front camera is a little slower and can be difficult to get a great shot in portrait mode. but from my understanding the front camera portrait mode is still in beta mode. So it will only get better.

Control centre
    The control centre works well I just wish that you could customise it a little more.

The Screen
    The screen is beautiful, it is clear and moves everything smoothly. I have noticed a slight blueish tinge to the screen but it is very slight and only when viewing the screen on an angle, otherwise it is non existent. I do use tru tone too, it seems to be easier on my eyes at night. it does give the screen a little bit of a yellow tinge but you soon get used to is and don't even notice that it is there.

The Battery
    The battery I have found easily lasts me all day, for example it has not been on charge since 5am this morning and it is now 11pm and I still have 43%. Now I'm not a heavy user, but my phone does not sit in my pocket all day doing nothing either. Getting used to not having a home button came pretty quick. I would say that it took like 12 hours. 1/2 a day.

Overview
    No phone is exactly how you would design it but there are a few things that I would like to see changed or added. 1. I would like to see the apps turn when the phone is in landscape mode, like the plus models. 2. More customisation of the control centre. 3. Instead of having a solid battery that disappears as the battery is depleted why not get rid of the solid mass and place a percentage inside the battery icon at the top.
    Overall I do love this phone and am so glad that I went to the effort of preordering so I got exactly what I wanted, I think it is a great size and works really really well. I think that Apple have outdone themselves.

#1 Ricky, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    SGK and Shark5150 like this.
  2. SGK

SGK
    Staff Member Administrator Contributor

Device:
    iMac
    Great insight @Ricky , I’m glad you enjoy your iPhone X, I’ll have to get one myself.