The developer behind MobileNotifier recently announced that he would be “taking a break” from his current projects for reasons unknown (though rumors suggest that he will be assisting Apple in creating a better notification system for iOS). But, before his secret departure, Peter Hajas has released an impressive update to MobileNotifier. Dubbed “Ecstatic Eggo”, beta 5 includes a brand-new MobileReply feature which allows users to reply to text messages without leaving the current app—just tap the notification bar and a drop-down reply box will appear. The AlertDashboard has also been updated with a new UI, and activator actions can be set to recall the most recent alert (for example, swiping down on the statusbar).
- Dismiss alerts right from the popup! Hate going into the dashboard to remove alerts you’ve just archived? Simply hit the “X” in the popup to dismiss them for good!
- Recall the most recent alert easily with an Activator action. Then use MobileReply to reply to it!
- Thanks to work by Marc Easen, MobileNotifier now supports calendar invitation alerts!
- Way way faster.
What’s been fixed?
- Lockscreen no longer displays if you have it set to “off”
- Various small bugfixes.
- Did I mention way way faster?
As always, MobileNotifier is both free and open source, and available through Cydia via the following repo: phajas.xen.prgmr.com/repo