Zune HD or Ipod Touch 3g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by IchigoK2031, Sep 23, 2009.

?

Zune HD or Ipod Touch 3g

1. Zune HD

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
  2. Ipod Touch 3g

30 vote(s)
    81.1%
  1. IchigoK2031

IchigoK2031 Member

So for my b-day I'm allowed to get either a ipod touch 3g or a zune hd - both 32gb. So i was wondering which one I should get. I like the zune hd overall as a device but the lack of the apps store is a huge deterrent for me, but if I don't take the apps store into account I would get it in a second. The ipod touch 3g is basically upgrading from my 1g ipod touch, which is superbly laggy in certain games, and load times are also somewhat slow + it has the apps store. What do you guys think I should get. *note try to be as unbiased as possible...I know you probably can't seeing as this is an ipod touch for but TRY!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

thanks

2. aznballer937

aznballer937 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hi. i think that you should get the ipod touch 3g. and im not being biased... here are my reasons:
    1. like you said, the app store. what more need by said? all those games and useful applications
    2. the itunes ecosystem. getting a zune means transferring al ur content to windows media player, which sucks. ur music and everything cannot be organized in the same way it can be in itunes. it takes all the streamlining and "apple user experience" out of it.
    3. the ipod touch has speakers.
    4. the zune isnt all that great.
    take a look at this article:http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/09/09/14/from_oled_to_tegra_five_myths_of_the_zune_hd.html

OHH .. and the zune hd apps are supported by adware!!!!

So there are my reasons. The zune HD is a beatiful piece of hardware nonetheless, but wait till next yr so it can really develop

So thats my advice.
  3. AngelMayLaugh

AngelMayLaugh New Member

Asking an ipodtouch forum if you should purchase a ZuneHD or itouch. . .
  4. IchigoK2031

IchigoK2031 Member

Well, its either i go to an ipod touch forum or a zune forum, I can't really find one in between =P
  5. AngelMayLaugh

AngelMayLaugh New Member

A tech forum?
  6. IchigoK2031

IchigoK2031 Member

plus, I don't want to sign up for ANOTHER forum...I'm signed up for like 12 of them 7 of them i no longer go on...
  7. xinzhitan14

xinzhitan14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i would get the touch, not long ago i was in your position thinking about what to buy. The ZuneHD offers a smaller app store and it has Hd output which is handy but i didnt picture myself using it too much. The ipod touch is much more developed, maybe the ZuneHd can rival the ipod after their app store takes off but that could be a while from now. The screen is better on the zuneHD but its only 3" as compared to the touch's 3.5"./
  8. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

I would go Zune, as the UI is definitely great, but I'm used to the the idea of an iPod touch, with all the good Apps. The ZuneHD has the same screen space, but in 16:9, and has better battery life for video/music, so that's a plus.

If you care about your Media more, go ZuneHD. Care about Apps more, go for iPod

9. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The 3g isn't anywhere close to as laggy as the 1g, so don't let that be a reason that you go Zune.

aznballer, you can't say you aren't biased and then say "the zune isn't all that great" (even though I've read the linked article).

Meh I like iPod Touch's

Totally biased.
  10. theLorax

theLorax Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I upgraded from a 1G, and I am very happy with all the upgrades I got. If apps is important to you at all, then you'd be happiest with the iPod.

My friend has a Zune HD and i've spent some time with it. The Zune HD is a good option if you only care about music, plan to purchase and use the HD dock and zune pass. But for most people, they will appreciate the more diverse touch.

The Zune HD has some interesting features, but lacks the vital important features, and thats why I see it going the way of the past Zunes.