Zombies & Me

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Appstore 3.1, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Appstore 3.1

Appstore 3.1 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

Zombies & Me

This is the first game by EAs smaller development lab, 8lb Gorilla. And it's a good start.

Firstly, this game is as simple as it can get. Tap to move, stay away from the zombies, try to get the zombies to the designated yellow circles.

This simple concept trasnlates into a lot of fun. It requires a lot of thought and skill to maneuver around the small space. It also is a lot of fun trying to improve upon your highscore.

Unfortunately, this is where Zombies & Me is a little sub-par. It really needs an upload highscore option, or some sort of Peer-To-Peer gameplay mechanic in order to be an A grade application. However, you also have to note that this is only £0.59 ($1) and will always be £0.59.

Graphically I'd give this game 9/10, it's cute, it's pretty and the iPod Touch can handle it well. Hundreds of zombies on screen at once is also very impressive. -1 a point because the 'death' drawing looks kinda bad.

Sound-wise it's 7/10, it uses generic explosion sounds, Kinda wish you could hear the zombies growning, and the repetitive background music is not atmospheric enough. The good thing is you can listen to your iPod while playing and it doesn't slow down even remotely.

Overall - 8/10. Well worth the 59p. But obviously buy Hero of Sparta and Stoneloops! first (if you haven't got those).
  2. TmacHot

TmacHot Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It's TD right ?(Tower Defence )
  3. Appstore 3.1

Appstore 3.1 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Nope. It doesn't have any real gameplay mechanics other than touch to move. You can even let the zombies latch onto you and you can just tap yourself off them. The real challenge is trying to kill them without killing yourself.
  4. Radish

Radish Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Might want to get some more screenshots. Also, how would you rate gameplay?
  5. Education

Education Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Short and straight to the point. As Radish has said, rate the gameplay and maybe add a section for replay value. Add screenshots and a thumbnail.