Review Zombie Assault

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Abcmsaj, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Zombie Assault​

There are loads of tower defense games out there, (Fieldrunners and Star Defense to name a couple of my favourites.) But they can be costly and take up a lot of time to play just one game. What if there was a simpler pick-up-and-play style defensive game, which is both addictive, and comically terrifying?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Zombie Assault is a game by Bigitec and does exactly what I've said above: Provides you with your daily 10 minutes of zombie hoard fighting at a price which won't burn a hole in your wallet. Similar to games like Flight Control and Word Fu, Zombie Assault provides the user with single play modes which will have you coming back for more brainssssss because it is your goal to beat your Twitter friend's high score.

OhMiGod! The Zombie is coming for me!

The object of the game is simple, and is explained very basically in the "help" section on the app:

Hit "Start" and you'll be shown your stage - Up on the rooftops of (I'm not sure where, let' say Manhattan because it sounds good) - Zombies are coming. They move from the right of the screen (presumably the graveyard) to the left (your house?) - Luckily, you've managed to escape, and your iDevice has the ability to kill them before they get to the left side!

3 lanes. 10 traps. and shed loads of Zombies. I'll point them out for you. There's 3 Electropads, 1 large crate, 1 springboard ejector-style platform, 2 boxes of dynamite, 2 flamethrowers and 1 metal trapdoor which will drop the Zombies onto the streets below.. (to kill everyone. oh well)

The graphics are excellent. The zombies are comical, the inventive traps have good animations, and I even love the loading screen! My only nitpick would be the icon, which doesn't match up to the quality of the graphics in game.

And the music is good too! For $1, you're getting a lot for your money. Addictive gameplay, good music, innovative style of game (a good take on tower defenses!) And also, if you play enough, you can get some pretty detailed statistics on how you're playing - More detailed than I've seen in any other game before.

The replay value, like I said, depends on your competitiveness and how much time you've got on your hands. One game takes around 3 minutes to play, and you could probably get through 3 or 4 games in ten minutes - Which is satisfying enough for a day!

Watch a video of the game in action, from the Bigitec YouTube!

In conclusion, if you love Flight Control or ANY tower defense game - You're guaranteed to love Zombie Assault! All that's needed is a new icon, new maps, new traps and some connectivity features (e.g. send your scores to Twitter, challenge friends, send scores to Facebook).

Check out the scores below:

Get it here:

Attached Files:

2. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

Nice review. Seems a little short.
  3. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, but some games aren't as big/detailed - such as this one. So the length of the review could be limited because there isn't a lot to write about.

But nice review, I will consider buying.
  4. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This game seems really interesting. It has a very unique view for a TD game.

Very informative review I must say.
  5. NinjaBurrito

NinjaBurrito New Member

Im not sure how to classify this game? Point and click TD? lol

Great review. Will probably buy it. Thanks for pointing it out.
  6. iPod Touch™

iPod Touch™ Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  7. juvenilepunk

juvenilepunk Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I bought this game about two minutes ago and im honestly already bored with it. It's pretty difficult and not very entertaining.
  8. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    surely difficulty is a plus. Would you buy a game and want it to be easy?

Maybe that's a suggestion for the dev? Separate difficulty levels?
  9. juvenilepunk

juvenilepunk Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    No I don't want a game that's to easy but I don't want a game that lasts 1-3 minutes because it is so difficult. Good review, not so good game.
  10. Mgssidley

Mgssidley Member

Looks too repetitive.