ZiPhone not working, retries white script thing when IPod is restarted

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by TheGerberKing, Apr 1, 2008.

1. TheGerberKing

TheGerberKing New Member

After failing to jailbreak last night, my IPod was updated to 1.1.4. I tried using ZiPhone 3.0 today, and it began working. But then the text on the IPod's screen stopped scrolling, and an error message shows up, saying:

Singleuser boot -- fsck not done
    Root device is mounted read-only

If you want to make modifications to fil
    es:
    /sbin/fsck -fy
    /sbin/mount -uw /

If you wish to boot the system:
    exit

Apr 1 20:55:55 launchd[2]: can't exec
    /bin/sh for single user: No such file or directory

If I try to disconnect and put the device in recovery nothing happens, but I can turn it on and off (the slider doesn't appear though). If I turn it on again it tries running the ZiPhone install again. What do I do to resolve this?

EDIT: I just recovered, I think I'll try a different method. I still want to use ZiPhone though.
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I would download Ziphone 2.6b and in the advanced tab run the NVRAM Fix before you jailbreak. Make sure you hit the smaller button that says iPodTouch. Did you get it restored back to a fresh 1.1.4 firmware? Now after you get it jailbroken make sure you do the proper steps following so it will operate properly. You can PM me if you need help.
  3. TheGerberKing

TheGerberKing New Member

Yeah, I just restored a few hours ago. It's 1.1.4 with the software upgrades.

I'm downloading ZiPhone 2.6 right now, do I run NVRAM Fix first, then try jailbreaking?
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Yes, do it first just to be safe. Won't hurt anything.
  5. rallymaster

rallymaster New Member

Getting the same error

So how did you fix and continue through? Mine keeps running the script as well, over and over.

Appreciate any help.. wonder if there is a bug. Just like you I will keep plugging away at it.

Thanks!
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    It was a common error until ZiPhone 2.6b, but then reappeared with 3.0. Use 2.6b after you get it restored. If you hold the power and home button until it shuts off, then continue to hold the home button. Let off the home button for a couple seconds and repress. This will make it where you can use the advanced options and kick it back into Normal Mode.
  7. Aluren00

Aluren00 New Member

where can I download the xiphone2.6b? I have the same issue, and its already at the launch[22]: can't exec / bin/sh for single user: NO such file or directory...

what can I do?
  8. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
  9. Aluren00

Aluren00 New Member

whoa, fast reply... so, to exit the loop, I need to press the lock/power button and the home buttons. This will turn it of. OK, then what should I do?
  10. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Use the advanced options on Ziphone and select return to Normal Mode.