ziphone MAC adress

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Dyve, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Dyve

Dyve New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i just want to know if i jailbreak using ziphone i know it changes my mac adress for his own but is that dangerous ? If yes is it reversible by a restore? And why the hell he does that , to let his signature of is work like a serial killer?
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Thats all a load of crap!
  3. KevN

KevN Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I upgraded mine to 1.1.3 with ziphone, and I'm still alive

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Shade

Shade New Member

He changes it to his name in ASCII, Normally restarting your ipod fixes this, but I don't know for ZiPhone. However a restore will change it, you can check in terminal with ifconfig
  5. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Everyone talks about this nonsense and how if two or more are on the same network they won't work but our 2 ipods and 2 iphones all work just fine.
  6. Dloader Girl

Dloader Girl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Alright look. Don't say things that are unwarranted. You've made comments like this before and I've just let it go, your loss anyway. But to say that this is 'nonsense' and mislead other people is not right.

It IS true that ZiPhone changes the MAC address to a static one, and that was all he was clarifying. And yes, no two devices should have the same MAC address.

Source: http://www.inetdaemon.com/tutorials/lan/ethernet/mac.shtml

Sure your 4 ipod/phones work fine but not everyone else's will. Apps that connect 2 or more ipods to each other (DropCopy I think?) will not work.

(Zibri does that because he's just really arrogant...)

And so let the flames begin.
  7. crazyvanya

crazyvanya Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
  8. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I'm sorry you have gotten called out on this before. Not sure how someone who can barely jailbreak their iPod is now an expert on this. When you have done real time testing with multiple devices on the same network then give me a shout. I could care less if you have some issue with Zibri or not. Whoever's program works is all that matters to me. I have written the easiest guide around so even people like yourself can jailbreak their ipods without a bunch of issues and you can begin with whichever program you choose; ijailbreak, iLiberty, Ziphone.
  9. crazyvanya

crazyvanya Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Was that directed at me?
  10. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    No it was for the lady who continually just regurgitates info that she has not tested nor does she know the entire story about. Go through her posts, you will find it entertaining. The reality is regardless of what she thinks we are well beyond Zibri now since the Pwnage Tool has been developed and the release of 2.0 firmware is on the horizon. My time is now focused on perfecting firmware build methods, finding little additions to the 2.0 firmware, and helping other people enjoy their ipods.