ziphone, iLiberty, idunno?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Katsuro, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Katsuro

Katsuro New Member

Hey guys...
    Recently I read about the programm I used to JB my ipodtouch (ziphone) that it downgrades some Bootloader. I only read this when it comes it iPhones. I also read it is non reversable (yet?).
    Does ANY version of ziphone downgrades the bootloader with no come back? (I used 2.6b)
    Does it downgrades the bootloader of ipod touches as well? (I simply clicked on the "ipod touch" icon)
    Do I have to be afraid that I won't be able to send this to apple now if something happens? (its said restore to factory settings doesn't repair this)

Please someone explain this all to me... in easy to understand words if possible ^^;
    Because I'm heavily confused.
  2. Katsuro

Katsuro New Member

Sorry to bump it, but I really wanna understand all this.
    I figured that, if so many people talk about it, someone must be able to explain it to me.

Also with the release of pwnage I saw this screenshot in the comments of the news:

http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pwnageqx5.png

Does "Upgrade to 4.6" mean that it'll fix the permanent downgrade issue?

I swtill hope there is someone in this board who can answer me this question (and actually knows what he's talking about as well... not just repeating stuff he/she had heard on blogs or other websites).