Ziphone help

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by blink74, Mar 16, 2008.

1. blink74

blink74 New Member

I have mac mini and an 8GB touch... I did the restore to ver 1.1.4 firmware.... ran ZIPHONE which went fine... when i go into installer and tru to dl a package i get the error "package download failed" any one else have this problem> anyone know how to fix it?
  2. micaheljcaboose

micaheljcaboose Well-Known Member

Try re-jailbreaking with the ZiPhone from my signature. If you could download something I'd say SSH in and change permissions of installer.. Do you have openSSH installed?
  3. T_1

T_1 New Member

try installing community sources.
    the sources included in installer are not up to date, so some packeges can't be downloaded cause the files had been moved
  4. vesperance

vesperance New Member

it happened to me a couple of times i had to rejailbreak about 5 times it works fine for me now.
    Make sure you restore ipod before using ziphone and set up new ipod on itunes when you are asked to!
  5. fog80

fog80 New Member

i had the same problem. im restoring my ipod right now and restoring it so that I can jailbreak it again and then update the installer and bsd first.
  6. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

Before you restore and re-jailbreak, have you tried just rebooting your touch and trying again? I get that message sometimes and a reboot seems to solve it.
  7. full1

full1 New Member

ou guys are lucky cause ziphone doesn't even work for me it keeps saying need microsoft framework 2.0 even though I already have it installed
  8. chort27

chort27 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    the app is either out of date or broken. Installer has a bug where it will continue to show the same error message for all packages. Just quit installer and go back in and don't try to install that app.
  9. T_1

T_1 New Member

if you go an error in installer just tapp on install on any package you want an when the menu pops up click clear query
    that fixes the prob with getting the same error message angain and again
    the you can go on with installing other packages
  10. thekingreyrey

thekingreyrey New Member

my ipod touch wont restore it says error unknown (-50) wat do i do
    oohhhh n im kinda new at dis so how do u post buliitns or wat eevr der called