Ziphone help, BIG problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by melih, Feb 16, 2008.

1. melih

melih New Member

Ok i heard that ziphone works to JB 1.1.3, so i thought ok ill try it. But i didnt see that people were having troubles with a 16gb version.

ANyway so i went to do it and it was doing the stuff on my ipot, and then it got to a screen were all it wrote was

BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0

It just had that scattered across the whole page, and i left it like that for around 5 minutes but still same troubles.

So i unplugged it and tried restoring my ipot by holding down home and hold, and after it turned back on, the ziphone thing started coming up again and it was doing the same thing as before, EVEN WHEN MY PLUG ISNT PLUGGED IN.

What can i do to fix this?

Cheers

EDIT:

Just found this:

let me try that
  2. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

Any luck? Seems to be a common problem. Ziphone is about 98% worthless if you have a 16 gig touch
  3. melih

melih New Member

Well it worked, and ive restored back to 1.1.3 original. So looks like Ziphone doesnt work with 16gb Ipod Touches. Whats the other easiest and most safest method to JB, similar to Ziphone, since that looked so easy.
  4. melih

melih New Member

Ok, ive read the other threads, and people seem to have problems with the 16GB too. So is everywere waiting for the official SDK JB to be released? Should i wait a few more weeks because i can, and wait for the official one to come out?
  5. ujjgrd

ujjgrd New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you should try to restore several times, then it will work
  6. _Flux_

_Flux_ New Member

I have a 16GB and im personally waiting till the release of SDK and an OFFICAL jailbreak. It just seems to much hassel when in a week or 2 all the "soft-upgrades" and stuff will be useless anyway.

In reply to your earlier comment the eaisest jailbreak is just to simply restore or downgeade to 1.1.1 and go to www.jailbreakme.com and click Install AppTapp on your iPods safari browser
  7. melih

melih New Member

Ok thanks mate. Il just wait for the official one then.
  8. Jiwoildo

Jiwoildo New Member

Wat did u do to fix your zIphone thing? help me. Same thing happened to me
  9. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    ZiPhone doesn't work for 16GB because it has 2 SSD.,,
  10. gimchi

gimchi Member

Device:
    iPad
    HMMMMMM,
    It seems like there are a million different threads about the same thing. SO JUST TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE KNOWS THAT ZIPHONE MAY NOT WORK ON THE 16GB iTOUCH.

Well i am glad we got that cleared up now on to some useful info like how to fix this problem.

Gim