ZiPhone + BSD Subsystem = No Music / Video Play

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by pheonix911, Mar 24, 2008.

1. pheonix911

pheonix911 New Member

Hey Everyone, Just picked up my IPod Touch (16gb) and have been messing around with ZiPhone and various jailbreak apps. I've run into a problem however. When I install ZiPhone everything works fine, and I can even install games and apps and everything still works, however once I install BSD Subsystem my music and videos wont play anymore.

Music will say its playing, but the progress bar is stuck on 0:00, when I click pause it jumps to 0:01 (1 Second in to playing) but stops, subsequent clicks of the play button do nothing. Movies don't play at all either, says it can't play them, wrong format I believe.

I've narrowed this down to the BSD Subsytem and it effects ALL songs. I've seen issues with DRM Music, but I don't have any DRM files, so that can not be the issue.

I'm using firmware 1.1.4 by the way ... also, before you say just do not install BSD Subsystem, I need this for other apps, as well as filesystem exploration via SSH.

Anybody else run into this? Thanks for the help, and so far the touch rocks, can't believe what it can do when its unlocked, can't wait for June and official SDK Apps to come out!
  2. DJ Xander

DJ Xander New Member

sounds odd,
    try restoring fresh to 1.1.4, rejailbreaking with ziphone, install bsd subsystems, and then sync your music.

it might be corrupting files when you install bsd, but maybe if you sync after it wont effect it.
  3. Unknown-Guy

Unknown-Guy New Member

Dont use BSD subsystem, use Cydia(like BSD but better/different)
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    All you have to do is go into Settings and reset all settings in the reset tab. Had to do it on my iPhone
  5. pheonix911

pheonix911 New Member

Thanks for all the replies ...

1.) As far as restoring and rejailbreaking and then resyncing, done this 3 times, same issue every time.

2.) What is Cydia? I need BSD Subsystem for Apollo and other applications in 'Installer' ... Will Cydia be detected as BSD Subsystem and let me install Apollo and the other Apps?

3.) As far as reseting the IPod via the Reset menu option. Does this erase all the settings such as EMail account settings, Wireless WEP settings, Icon locations etc .... What exactly gets 'Reset', does music / videos get wiped out till the next sync?

Thanks for all the responses, very quick and helpful so far.
  6. Blackcode

Blackcode New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I run into this problem (only video) and i tried a few different things....try this:

Restore itouch through Ziphone using the DFU Mode (in advanced options).

Make sure after this you update to 1.1.4 using itunes. (keep itunes open)

Jailbreak it.

Reboot, but do not sync any media yet.

Install the essensial apps. Check this thread for the best guide: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50926

Reboot and sync.

This should work...
  7. evel_king

evel_king New Member

Cydia is an Installer replacement, and I THINK it fakes BSD Subsystem so that you can install apps that require it without taking up space or encountering problems like this. And Reset all settting resets setting for all your apps, e.g. Cities in weather, stocks, cities in clock, e-mail accounts in Mail etc. BUT it doesn't remove your Music and Videos.
  8. pheonix911

pheonix911 New Member

Ok, I used Cydia, then installed "Fake BSD" and everything seems to be running ok, and I can install BSD required Apps ... thanks for all the help here, great first posting!
  9. pmyshkin

pmyshkin New Member

Reset All Fixed Mine

I had the exact same problem and I did the 'Reset All' suggestion and then everything worked fine.
  10. Mammon88

Mammon88 New Member

yea i had the same thing music and video would nt play i couldnt figer out y but after reading this i got it fixed i did the install bsd 1st then my other apps and sync and all works 100% also my itunes store works after this JB 1.1.3 i didnt have the store no music would play but

Please Register or Log in to view images

all works THANKS