Ziphone bricked my ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by kingkai, Aug 2, 2008.

1. kingkai

kingkai New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    AHHHHHHHHHHH PANIC!! i was trying to JB 1.1.4 with ziphone when it got stuck with a blakc page with white txt saying

SINGLEUSER BOOT -- FSCK NOT DONE
    ROOT DEVICE IS MOUNTED READ-ONLY

IF YOU WANT TO MAKE MODIFICATIONS TO FILES:
    /SBIN/FSCK -FY
    /SBIN/MOUNT -UW /

IF YOU WISH TO BOOT THE SYSTEM:
    EXIT

AUG 2 15:55:23 LAUNCHED (9) CANT EXEC /BIN/SH FOR SINGLE USER : NO SUCH FILE OR DIRECTORY

i cant get it to recovery mode or dfu through ziphone i tried manually to but i might be doing something wrong

please help!!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Panic over gave it a wallop and it let me put it in recovery lol
  2. nscott4010

nscott4010 New Member

Same thing happened to me! not too happy right now.
  3. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    force restore...

hold power and home for 10 seconds then let go of sleep and keep holding home while connected to the computer.

and in the future, dont use ziphone.
  4. jieo

jieo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok well if it does say that uh force ur ipod into recovery mode then restore it to 1.1.4

then open the ziphone file to jailbreak and there are 4 options rite? they should be
    1.Do it All
    2. Jailbreak (ipod also supported)
    3. Jailbreak + Activate
    4. Prepare for upgrade

.............. ok well if u have an iphone use choice number 3 but if u have an ipod touch use choice number 2 then it should b smooth sailin from there
  5. *Soul~Of~iTouch*

*Soul~Of~iTouch* New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Just try doing the force restore thing over and over again, it should work...though it kinda takes "practise". I remember when I first tried to do it, it took me about 3 tries to get it right the first time and I was kinda fustrated as I was trying to downgrade to jailbreak. Of course, that time, Ziphone hasn't been released yet so if you want to jailbreak, you've gotta downgrade.

I don't see the point of not using Ziphone. Admittedly, Zibri might have stolen the exploit but you've got to admit its convienient to use!

Oh, and I don't think its possible to actually "brick" the iPod. I think "bricking" is more likely to happen to the iPhone as it has baseband and all that stuff. The only way I can think of is when you're SSHing into your iPod, you accidentally delete the important files in your iPod and then its screwed but still...even if that happens, I'm sure the pros like DevTeam could fix it!