Ziphone 2.6b jbked my 1.1.4 touch !

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by geeno2, Mar 14, 2008.

1. geeno2

geeno2 New Member

Hi !

This version worked for my 1.1.3 + apps baught upgraded to 1.1.4 16gb touch, but I had to use my wife's PC !
    I think I have a problem with installer.app : when I try to install something it downloads almost 99% and then says that the download failed. Any tap on "featured" or "updates" just do nothing, wifi keeps browsing but nothing shows up.

Any idea about this problem ?

Regards,
    Geeno
  2. d00m42

d00m42 Member

First off, try going to your wifi network and telling your iPod to forget it, then restart your iPod, and then reconnect to wifi, then refresh sources and try installer again.
  3. full1

full1 New Member

I dont think that's the problem i think your installer program didnt install properly... Try restoring and using ziphone again if that still doesnt work try the link in my sig.. And download a lower version of ziphone
  4. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

After you jailbreak Installer needs updating with the latest version, if it doesn't ask this when you open it the you need to go to sources and the click refresh. Once the new version has been installed exit installer and go back in and it should work fine.
  5. geeno2

geeno2 New Member

Earlier versions of ziphone didn't work

Please Register or Log in to view images

!
    I didn't had any error during the Jbreak, why wouldn't installer have been installed properly ?
  6. d00m42

d00m42 Member

I am not sure why Installer would have installed wrong, but I jailbroke my 16gb 1.1.4 iPod using ZiPhone 2.5c. I clicked jailbreak, then when it said entering recovery mode, i clicked jailbreak again 3 times fast, then waited and it worked well.
  7. prmartin

prmartin New Member

i have the same problem and i am trying the way that you said (souces, then refresh, then out and then in again...

......................................................................................................................................
    .....................................................................................................................................
    ....................................................................................................................................
    ..................................................................................................................................
    ......................................................................................................................................
    WORKS FINE
    THANKS
  8. m4tr1xx

m4tr1xx New Member

I have the exact same problem, i was wondering if there was a solution.
  9. m4tr1xx

m4tr1xx New Member

i actually just reset my ipod after putting this post and it works now. thats rather odd.
  10. Thrash_648

Thrash_648 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i had the same problem.

Just manually refresh sources and then install the latest version of installer (a message should come up). I don't know why, but for me (and 2 other iPod touches i JB'd using Ziphone, and 1 iPhone) that was the solution