ziphone 1.1.4 to 2.0.x

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by deathstrok, Oct 19, 2008.

1. deathstrok

deathstrok New Member

ok, ive heard rumours of people on ziphone 1.1.4 and upgrading to 2.0.x and then their ipod touch not working.

i have a 1st gen ipod touch, and i havent paid for any of the mail, or notes app ect, the upgrade thing they relased you had to pay for, which is why i jailbroke it.

now theres 2.0.x and even 2.1 out, i was wondering can i just reboot my ipod to factory settings, then upgrade to 2.1 and then winpwn it?

as i have ziphone jailbroken, if i reboot it, does it lose all the ziphone stuff i installed on it, so i can upgrade to 2.1, as i dont want it to crash?

i have used search function but cant find anything, cheers in advance for your help.
  2. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I was on 1.1.4 (ZiPhone jailbroken) and upgraded to 2.1 with no trouble.

You will lose all of your apps and save data though.
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Of course you will lose everything when you upgrade but it's worth it. Restore to factory settings, pay for up grade, and then Quickpwn 2.1
  4. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I upgraded from 1.1.4 ZiPhone to 2.0 without a problem.

As said, though, you lose everything (As you do upgrading all of your firmwares).
  5. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    well not normally everything when you upgrade to any other firmware, but you should restore to 2.0 because the root partition is resized and otherwise it wont work as well.

you can use quickpwn to jailbreak it on 2.x. but really the best idea is to restore, then just resync all your stuff, i mean its not that big of a deal
  6. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    True, and to make the syncing not seem as bad it is much faster with firmware 2.1

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. deathstrok

deathstrok New Member

cheers for the help guys, ile get onto that asap.

Please Register or Log in to view images

also as i dont know where i can download the 1.1.4 paid update such as maps, calander, notes from apple, i cant find it anywhere? if someone has a link that would be great.