ziphone 1.1.4 ipod touch question

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by th_mt, Mar 10, 2008.

1. th_mt

th_mt New Member

Im on a mac, and i cant jailbreak 1.1.4 with mac.. So if i do it on windows, could i still have it synced with my mac? I just want to know before i restore
  2. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yes just after it jailbreaks plug it into the mac and sync it there
  3. th_mt

th_mt New Member

just tried and it repeats this error on my touch over and over

Code:
    BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0
    itunes wont recognize it... and i cant go into recovery mode, when i go into recovery mode itunes doesn't reconize it
    what can i do to fix this?
  4. mattv

mattv New Member

This happend to me last night. I assume you are using Ziphone?

I have a 16 GB iPod Touch with 1.1.4. I downloaded Ziphone connected my iPod to iTunes and clicked the Jailbreak button. After about 30 secs I got the same message as you:

BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0

This was just on the screen over and over. I tried everthing I could think of and could not get the iPod to respond. I was starting to get worried until I did some research. Here is what I found out.

Make sure the iPod is connected to your computer. Hold the power button and home button until the iPod reboots. On mine I had to hold them for about 10-15 secs. When the iPod screen goes black let go of the power button only. Keep pressing the home button until iTunes recognizes your iPod. The screen on the iPod will remain dark but iTunes will inform you that your iPod is in recovery mode and will ask you if you want to restore. Click yes and your iPod will live again. I did this twice last night and it worked both times.

Now for the jailbreak problem. What you are getting is what is known as the BSD error. to get by this you need to click the jailbreak button on Ziphone continously until the iPod reboots so here is the procedure.

1. Connect ipod to iTunes and make sure it is connected.
    2. Start Ziphone
    3. Click the Jailbreak button and keep clicking it once a second until the iPod reboots and you see the Apple logo. During this time the info window on Ziphone and the iPod screen will flash info. Just ignore and keep pushing the button. I had to click it about 20 times until the logo appeared.
    4. Once the logo appears stop clicking the button.
    5. Once the iPod reboots you are free from jail. Enjoy.
  5. i-noob

i-noob New Member

thank u so much

thank u so much mattv u just saved me i was about o give up but ur post explaind it perfectly but i had to try it a few tyms it scares u when u canrt do any think bout it but then u do th research and u can do it it so ood
    thanx mate (Y)
  6. Eight Gigabytes of Win

Eight Gigabytes of Win New Member

I jailbroke my 1.1.4 with Windows Vista and it still syncs with my iMac, so I imagine it'll be fine with you. Just run ZiPhone, Jailbreak & Activate it, and it's done. You don't even lose your music (althought you do when you restore).

-Eight Gigs