Zip/unzip mobilefinder plugin!

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by jimbeam, Jan 5, 2009.

1. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    There are a few apps in cydia to zip/unzip, but most are terminal and the only one with a GUI you have to manually type the path where the file is and where you want it to unzip to. You might as well use the terminal if your going to do all that.

There are also a few file browsers that zip/unzip in the appstore, but, They are very limited and a pain to make unzip something you downloaded from safari with the plugin. moving the file into the apps sandbox and then moving it back where you want it or modifying the app to brows out side its sandbox. Its all a big hassle.

My idea is just give mobilefinder (the cydia version! Not the crappy appstore version!) the ability to zip/unzip. This would be very useful. No need to mess around in the terminal for something that should be a one/two tap job or spend hours moving crap or modifying some crap appstore app.

Please someone make this! Or an app to zip/unzip that can brows, zip/unzip and move anything anywhere. The ability to do the same with .rar would be great to.
  2. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Really? No one else wants this?
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Please say unarchive instead of unzip, since there are a myriad of archive formats out there. Also, why would you need to Archive a file on your device?
  4. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    its a good idea, but personaly i never compressed or decompressed a file on my ipod in my life. Just use your computer?
  5. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Ok "unarchive". I it would be nice to be able to download roms, video, music and unarchive them right on my iphone then move them into the directory they should be in. I'm not always near a computer. The more I can do from my phone the better.

I know there are cydia sources for roms. But there crap and I don't want to download a whole pack just to get one rom I want. I own the games so relax.

You cant get movies from the mobile itunes store so I can get them from other places problem is underachieving them is problematic.

It would be nice to download music from where ever I want. What ever site I want. When I want and I can, problem is there archived most of the time. Sure there's MewSeek, but there are other places to get better quality music.

See what I'm getting at? unarchive can be done already on my phone, just though the terminal which is a pain sometimes for something as simple as unarchiving.