zagg?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Gaura Mohana, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Gaura Mohana

Gaura Mohana New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    hi there..
    i pretty much have the p0osibbilty to get a zagg invisiblesheild for my ipod touch 3g (which is supposed to be currently somewhere on its way to apple incidentally = hopefully will come back soon)

anyways. is it any good? i AM a little worried about fingerprints and scratches, and id like to get hte full body cover. i currently have no protection on there....

so it is worth it? i heard about some orange peel effect or something, etc. is this true, and if so - is it bad?

Also i did try some chinese protector, but i hated how it made the screen fell - my finger woudnt glide smoothly over the screen. is the invisible shield also like this? or is it smooth and confortable?
    are there better alternatives? i do want it to be not too visible

also will it start falling off? is it easy to not have many airbubbles when applying it?
    will they ship to eu? i am currently in poland, and if they are going to take a insane amount of time to ship it, would it make sense?
  2. Tikker

Tikker Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Zagg ispretty alright. Lifetime warranty.

They do feel different than naked iPod but you get used to it
  3. KCooper

KCooper Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    It's good for your device, but not for bigger ones (iPad) in my opinion.

I had the hardest time getting it straight and on my iPad... finally wound up taking it off.

But yeah, get it, it's fantastic.
  4. Gaura Mohana

Gaura Mohana New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    so orange peel is not a big problem? what is it?

and the invisible shield wont start peeling off or something?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    it does not make the ipt screen less smooth to move the finger on?
  5. bapski

bapski New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i've used zagg on practically on all my devices and it has been great. only time i had a problem putting it on right was with my HTC TYTN but this was because i got the full one and i just did not have the patience and artistic talent to put the pieces on neatly..
  6. Ouchy_S

Ouchy_S Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    I have never heard of orange peel. I've had my Zagg on since day one which is about 7-8 months, and it holds up new. Make sure you don't rush installation.
  7. Tikker

Tikker Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What means i think is the sort of orange peel texture it has when you lay it flat and look at the screen. IMO you only see it when screen is off and you're looking at it from eye level. Aka you won't notice it while using it
  8. Ouchy_S

Ouchy_S Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Someone posted an image of it, I think it's supposed to feel like an Orange Peel, rather than look like one.
  9. Intense

Intense Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The iPad with a zagg on it is actually quite good because it wont go in your pocket and wont collect much lint.
  10. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    This is exactly why I regret using the Zagg InivisibleShield. The texture of the screen will no longer be as smooth as it is bare, or with a different protector. You can see the texture and you can certainly feel it and it's more grippy than the glass alone.

Aside from that major annoyance, it is very protective in that it resists scratches and wear. It's aggravating to install but it's definitely worth the effort in getting it on there perfectly (especially if you're "picky" that way).