zagg shield - back will NOT stick! hints?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by craynerd, Dec 25, 2008.

1. craynerd

craynerd New Member

Guys, just tried to install my zagg shield, front went on perfectly but the back will not stick. All the way around the sides, they just wont fold up and stick. I know or have heard on the forum that it can be hard getting the corners to stick but I`m talking about all the way around! Infact the centre of the back isn`t sticking tightly. Have I done something wrong.

I`ve peeled, sprayed and rubbed it down. The front went on perfectly, looks great but the back part doesn`t seem to have any "tack" to it.

Help....I don`t understand what could have happened?!

Chris
  2. Ford GT

Ford GT Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just keep applying light pressure to the sides. Eventually it will begin to adhere to the iPod.
  3. christoph7577

christoph7577 New Member

You can also use a hair dryer on the cool setting to help it dry out. If you use heat, you can melt the invisibleSHIELD, but our installers here at corporate headquarters use hear dryers on the cool setting and it seems to help quite a bit.
  4. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

When I installed my BSE (which are identical to the IS) I just let it sit for a little to let some of the water evaporate.

I then held down the sides for a minute, and they stuck. If they come up, don't get frustrated, just push them back down. They will eventually stick.
  5. thedahomino

thedahomino Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    just leave it sit for a few minutes and it'll start to get tacky and stick
  6. craynerd

craynerd New Member

Well guys, it didn`t stick! It just would not at all. Tried a hairdryer on cool, even tried it on warm. Could see the water evaporate a little but nothing! It just peeled right back off. I was patient, I spent 2 hours on it!

I have contacted my supplier and have asked for a refund....should be fun!

Chris