Zagg Sheild

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jse1988, Sep 20, 2010.

1. jse1988

jse1988 Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Not very impressed with the zagg shield, just got it today and applied it per directions. anyone else get theirs yet? I have another coupon for 40% off. anything worth getting from there?
  2. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I originally put the ZAGG invisible shield on when I got my touch. It seems to be a great screen protector, but I don't like the idea of getting my device wet. I applied it, probably didn't spend enough time on it, and it came out kind of ripply, with a few bubbles that I could not get rid of. I then purchased a cheap eBay screen protector and it looks 10x better, without bubbles or using water to apply. I also think the eBay screen protector I got is less noticeable, I can hardly tell it is there (besides the outline around the home button), whereas the ZAGG had an almost "orange peel" look to it. The ZAGG can also be easily stretched, therefore ruining the fit.

I think I prefer the more solid protectors, as apposed to the ZAGGs flimsy material.

I'm kind of upset that I wasted $20 on the ZAGG, but I guess since there is a warranty I can send in for another if I wanted. But like I said, the ZAGG is kind of a hassle to put on. Literally took me 30 seconds to apply the eBay one, and it looks flawless.
  3. DaveA

DaveA New Member

I put mine on Saturday and its the best one i have ever put on for any device. You do have to watch the video on the site to better understand it. I got no bubbles or ripples and the holes line up perfectly for the camera and the home button. I dont think you can get that kind of alignment on one you install dry.

Just curious jse1988 what do you not like about it?
  4. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Zagg is good for backing, not the front cover. Also, the Maximum Coverage tends to be better than the Easy Install since the corners are not covered with the Easy, which oftentimes result in dust pockets forming on the corners over time making your device look uglier over time in those areas.
  5. deepdvd

deepdvd Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    At least you got yours. Mine's been "In-process (Your order is currently being fulfilled and cannot be canceled or changed.)" for 10 days. I would love to cancel and use a better coupon code. I only got 20% off (which essentially only took off tax/shipping)
  6. jse1988

jse1988 Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    I dont like it bc the orange peel likeness and it isnt as smooth to slide your finger. It is NOT invisible

the screen protector that came with my otterbox ipad case is WAY better, very clear, and invisible, though it shows more finger prints than the Zagg

like itouchec said, the "orange peel" look is bad when you tilt it at an angle
  7. DaveA

DaveA New Member

I guess its a trade off, not haveing fingerprints show on the Zagg did it for me, but I get what you mean about the "orange peel" tho its minimal.