Zagg and TPU Case Issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by whitestripesnet, Sep 27, 2010.

1. whitestripesnet

whitestripesnet New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well, I installed my 2nd Zagg screen protector tonight and it appears I did a almost perfect job. I will have to wait until the morning for a final verdict. The reason I took the 1st one off was due to the rainbow speckles underneath. They were driving me crazy. This time, it appears there are minimal speckles, and the majority of the screen is clear as it should be.

I also received a TPU case from Amazon today. This one:

http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Flexi-Apple-Touch-Generation/dp/B0041F4F7Y/ref=pd_sbs_a_10

I don't think I am going to keep it. It seems that when having on a Zagg or BSE, the TPU case peels up the edge of the screen protector when applied. I think it just has to do with how the iPod touch was designed for this generation. I could see any case fitting over the edge of the iPod pushing up the screen protector. Has anyone else found this to be a problem?
  2. Laptop

Laptop New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    sorry, i dont own a 4g but i think zagg should make a new patent to make their 4g screen protectors
  3. oadam11

oadam11 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    you need to wait a few days to let the shield dry. It may take up to 2 days to fully dry. After its completly dry the case should not interfere with the shield
  4. whitestripesnet

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I waited more than 2 days. It's fully dry. Anything pushing up against the screen protector hard enough will push it up. This case does that when you are putting it on. I think it has something to do with how the screen is raised up a bit in this version of the iPod touch.
  5. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    What? Zagg is already making 4th Gen Screen Protectors..
  6. mkm159

mkm159 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    i honestly feel you should invest in a better case.
    i have the zagg installed and i bought a 25 dollar griffin case.
    nice case, doesnt mess with the zagg shield.
  7. whitestripesnet

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    oh I will, I just got this cheap case to tide me over until something else comes out. Did you get the Grip Vue case?
  8. mkm159

mkm159 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    nah i got the griffin reveal. its pretty sweet. shows the back of your ipod, so if yours is still scratchless and shiny its nice to show off.
    or you can throw stickers on the back of the case if you dont want to stare at the back of your ipod lol. its cool. and easy to take on and off.
  9. gomugomull

gomugomull New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have the same problem. May be to a less extent.
    I am using an anti-glare screen protector and when I use the case you have, the upper-left corner of the screen protector bubbles up. It's not anything major but the Gear4 TPU case i got had less problem when it came to that upper-left (there is still a little left but not as bad as the argyle one).
  10. iGary

iGary Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    That bubble problem you have used to happen to my switch easy rebeltouch case on my 2g iPod,

oh and does anyone know if this prob happens with BSE, like the TPU Problem?