YouTube videos on my 2g Touch will not load completely

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dagr8est, Jan 1, 2009.

1. dagr8est

dagr8est Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I don't know what the problem is but whenever I try to watch YouTube videos, that are longer in length, they stop like 1/3 of the way and the rest doesn't load! It even happens to some videos that are like 1 minute long. This problem happens with a lot of the videos I watch on the YouTube app. I don't know if this has something to do with the software or my iPod touch wifi (which I doubt since I can use safari and everything else without a problem). I tried restoring and it still happens. Reseting the router didn't work, clearing my YouTube history didn't neither. Anyone know what the problem is here?
  2. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

Try using youtube at another location that has wifi and if it works there then its a problem with your internet... and if it does the same thing you should return your ipod touch for a new one.
  3. dagr8est

dagr8est Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    If it is indeed a problem with my touch then I'm out of luck since I lost my receipt lol. I didn't have any problems with my 1g iPod Touch.
  4. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

This happens to me. They take forever to load and it pisses me off. I even tried mobile YouTube and that didn't help.
  5. dagr8est

dagr8est Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yeah, because I kinda use my ipod touch as a second computer since my computer broke. Every now and then I want to slip in a few youtube videos and they won't even load! Really annoying!
  6. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

Ya, I'm using mine as a computer too cause I broke my leg and can't go to my computer downstairs.

Now my YouTube seems to be working better than earlier thankfully.
  7. dagr8est

dagr8est Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yeah, I just now found my receipt and I'm swapping it out tomorrow. If the problem continues then it may be my router afterall...
  8. mrgrimsby

mrgrimsby New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It happens to me too , I find earlier in the day they are ok and this is when most Americans are still asleep so I would put it down to server location and demand ...its normal I think so I would not change your device just yet especially if it is pixel perfect ect...you could end up with a stuck pixel on the replacement and I suspect the same problem with utube...If you are in the UK as I am try it first thing in the morning and see if it's better.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    In fact I have just tried youtube and it is working really well as of 11;30am GMT and I know that when our Cousins in the U.S.A wake up and start surfing the net Youtube will not load up as well or indeed at all...thats life.
  9. dagr8est

dagr8est Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I swapped out my ipods and this one has version 2.1.1 and YouTube is working great. I'm not upgrading my firmware lol.