YouTube videos claimed not working... does this mean...?!?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ryuukumori, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

I heard YouTube videos are not working for many people. Does this mean if they are not converting to mp4, and kept flash, is Apple going to release a flash plugin for the Touch in their next update?

Let me know if I am wrong, because I do not own a touch right now. Thank you.
  2. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I doubt that YouTube would stop converting - it's not just the iPod Touch, but also the iPhone and the Apple TV that use them I believe. I think the problem was probably intermittent - several videos weren't working for me the other day that are now.
  3. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Well, is there any hope for an Apple software/ firmware update for a flash plugin if they decide to pair up with Adobe?
  4. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    If they decide to pair up with adobe then, Yes.
    Otherwise NO!
  5. s4shanonly

s4shanonly New Member

Flash plug-in is a must for the innovative touch. You know Adobe Flash is growing day by day. New websites are using Flash extensively. Flex is also becoming popular in Rich internet Applications. So I think Apple is looking forward to supply flash plugin in the next firmware update...
  6. ydoucare

ydoucare New Member

As long as performance is decent, otherwise it'll be pretty much useless. I would imagine if they have any intention in releasing a Flash plugin, they've probably been working pretty hard in getting a version which looks decent and performs well without choking the OS in regards to CPU and memory usage.