youtube unusable

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LeaverX, Dec 5, 2007.

1. LeaverX

LeaverX New Member

I've had my iPod touch since release and never once have I had the pleasure of enjoying the youtube feature. All videos load incredibly slow while they load very fast on my laptop that uses the same wifi
  2. bluecrow628

bluecrow628 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i believe that this would be because of a weak wifi reciever, i have this same problem. I have looked on the apple.com support and they said that it depends on the strength of the signal. i dont think that weak recievers are an issue that could be addressed in a software update though.
  3. Walder

Walder New Member

Youtube is also unuseable for me. Internet is fine, but streaming video from YouTube or any other site is a no-no.

I'm on a 15 Megabit ADSL2+ connection via a Draytek Router and a brand new Linksys 54g Wireless Access Point for my iPod. Internet download speeds on my PC top 1.5 MB/s. A 5 minute youtube video could take up to 15 minutes to load on my iPod. However installer apps seem to d/l fairly quickly...

I use MAC address filtering on my AP with no security enabled. I mainly did this to see if things sped up, but they haven't.

What gives??
  4. JustinCarpenter

JustinCarpenter New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Restore the iPod. That should help. I had the same problem.
  5. Walder

Walder New Member

hmmm... dunno if i can be bothered at the mo! thanks for the info tho, will give it a try soon.

Cheers dude for the fast response
  6. deveelx

deveelx New Member

Is it a jailbroken iPod? There maybe some applications in your iPod that requires wi-fi that are possibly the cause of interference between youtube and those applications.
    Another possibility is due to your router's radio signal which cause interference between your iPod and other devices in your house like cordless telephone or microwave. Cordless phones and microwaves emits radio waves, and so does router. This happen to me all the time with my cordless phone. When I use the phone sometimes my router's signal just shuts down and my laptop nor my ipod could not connect. In this case you may want to change your router's channel. Log-in to your router and go to it's wireless settings to change the channel. Keep testing till you find the right channel for every device to work perfectly.
    This may not be the case in your situation but I hope it gives you the idea.