youtube still slow in 2.1

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by lewie123, Sep 15, 2008.

1. lewie123

lewie123 New Member

I have been having some serious problems with Youtube app ever since I bought my iPod touch 3 months ago. I was hoping 2.1 would fix it but it seems that it hasn't.
    I have an adsl2+ connection and youtube works fine on my sister’s laptop using wireless and my desktop computer also works fine I have even tried 2 different routers but still nothing. I get about 4.5mbs net connection wirelessly to my iPod. So the only thing I could see is a server issue for mobile devices but as my friends works fine, I kinda ruled this out.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Lewie
  2. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I discovered an reason of that :> iPod touch have not good WiFi receiver and get many packets errors on high transfer modes (52MBit) . Try to reduce WiFi's TX Rate to speeds of your internet connection in your router, this may reduce WiFi range by result so watch-out :> this truly help me with DI-624 Router
  3. eqtitan

eqtitan New Member

Not sure if the following is true or not for standard model routers but with my Linksys (w/ ddr-t mod.) I can set the TX speed specifically for the Ipod.

Thanks for the tip Shadow.