youtube question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by computer_geek_19, Oct 21, 2007.

1. computer_geek_19

computer_geek_19 New Member

Hello, I was wondering if the youtube app will display all the youtube videos available or just some of them since I heard that the videos had to been encoded in H264 to e viewed?
  2. 4dthinker

4dthinker New Member

I haven't encountered any that wouldn't play, but that doesn't mean ones that won't play aren't out there. Most videos worth watching are available more than once, so finding one you can watch wouldn't be too hard.
  3. DemonDuck

DemonDuck New Member

all my videos arent on there, ipodtouchmaster's tuts arent there.... mine were all .wmv vids... which might be the reason why they arent there... don't know bout iptm's tuts though
  4. whcodered

whcodered Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    All new videos uploaded since they announced supporting H.264 video (the format the touch & Apple TV use) are already viewable on the touch. All old videos that were uploaded before then will need to be reencoded by Youtube, a looong process that they are currently doing now.
  5. encity5

encity5 New Member

I think we just need to wait a bit. i forgot where i read it but i believe they are still working on bringing the entire database to the youtube.app. so it probably takes longer for recently uploaded videos to come out on the ipot or iphone currently.

nvm the guy above me who just posted probably has the closer answer
  6. computer_geek_19

cool thanks guys, i am a big anime guy and i was wondering about that. thanks for the answer big relief.
  7. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    Im pretty sure youtube and google video took off all full tv show episodes except Naruto. (Which is awesome)
  8. computer_geek_19

i watch mostly the japanese version and it takes a couple of days(or more) to take down anime such as bleach and naruto so as long as somebody upload the videos the same or next day they come out ill be fine, lol but I like to watch english shows too.