Youtube Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by KhmerB10, Nov 8, 2008.

1. KhmerB10

KhmerB10 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I just recently jailbreaked 2.0.1 firmware on my iPod touch using "WinPwn" but I switched the setting to Quickpwn. It went all good, it ran smoothly.
    Everything was alright but when I open Youtube, and I try to search something, it will always give me an error saying "Cannot connect to Youtube"

I heard that this is the most common problem on 1.1.4, but I never saw this problem on 2.0.1

Can anyone help me?
  2. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    Are you on Wi-Fi?
    Did yo install the YouTube Activation fix when making your firmware?
  3. KhmerB10

KhmerB10 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm on Wi-Fi.
    When I used quickpwn, I don't think it asked but if it did, I most likekely 99% sure I installed youtube activation
  4. Kiss the Rain

Kiss the Rain New Member

I've actually managed to click "Activate Youtube" each time I've jailbroken my touch. Lucky me. However, this time I noticed that if you don't connect to iTunes on your computer after restoring your iPod, Youtube won't work. I wonder why Apple did that?

Anyway, if you got that problem, a quick wifi connection on iTunes solves the problem.
  5. Jay_21

Jay_21 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    WOW!!!! I tried the wifi thing and it didnt work. you know what it was.. somthing sooooo stupid. my computers Date was set to the year 2007 and Itune set my Ipod touch to the year 2007. so I set it to the right year. and wow!! youtube works YAY!!!!
    I figured it out tring to make an iTunes account. it said that it could not connect to iTunes, and to check the date and time. LOL hope this helps