YouTube problem workaround for 3.0!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by dong1225, May 4, 2009.

?

Did this method work for you?

1. Sucess! Thank you!

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Failure! What do I do now? -_-''

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. dong1225

dong1225 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have kind of found a fix for the YouTube issue when people updated or restored from backup.

If you're annoyed enough to not clean restore or for some reason still doesn't work, here is a fix.

On your mobile Safari (iPod Safari) Google livebuster or just go to iphone.livebuster.com

From there, go to how to and do as the instruction OR just

Bookmark:

JavaScript:window.location.href='http://iphone.livebuster.com/getvid.php?vidurl='+escape(window.location.href)

(You can copy and paste both URLs if you're on 3.0)

When you add the bookmark in one or the other way, navigate to YouTube.com (or preferably m.YouTube.com but going to regular site redirects anyway)

Go to the page where your desired video is located.

At the page, go in to your bookmark menu and click the bookmark you've just added (By default it should say "Videohamster Livebuster")

Click the play button link with a hamster on top and you should go to a page saying "your video is ready"

Wait till a triangle play button appear on the video thumbnail and when I'd does, click on it to enjoy your video!

Thanks for reading and I hope it works for you too!

(Please reply with your result if you try too!)
  2. Jincos

Jincos New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You do realize this is helping people with an illegal copy of 3.0 to activate their YouTube right? It isn't only a backup that causes it not to work, it's those who haven't been able to properly sync that also get this problem, normally from tricking iTunes to install the beta.
  3. dong1225

dong1225 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I do somewhat realize it but this tutorial was meant for people with legal developer license who was somehow unable to use YouTube.

I wasn't talking about how to install 3.0 illegally you know, I never condoned it in my topic.

I will erase this post if it is against the forum rules
    And thank you for paying attention to my post!

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. shiben589

shiben589 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    jincos, while that is sort of true, since beta 4, people have been unable to get their ipods to sync because of itunes 8.2

kind of a helpful guide but still technically a workaround for beta 3 users...
  5. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I hear of problems that people experience with all this, but I just seem to lucky to not be affected, iTunes 8.2 works perfectly and so does Beta 4.

Yeah, I thought you were helping the unregistered when I first read this topic title.
  6. Jincos

Jincos New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ah, I see. This is why I feel that rule about talking about that stuff is unfair to some of us developers; I my self do not use the official Dev forum as I'd rather much use a forum such as this one, and stuff that could possibly help us ends up getting everyone in trouble.

I know what you mean, I was having sync issues at first. It's to due with syncing tons of data at once. Strange as it seems, when my screen saver turned on it finished syncing and also synced faster than normal, so now I just sync with my screen saver on as it doesn't take but a few minutes.
  7. MadSon011

MadSon011 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i works but its not as useful as the actual youtube app. also it is very odd to use another service to watch youtube videos. might as well just find a computer(or steal one...or buy a stolen one)
  8. dong1225

dong1225 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Does it really? I have never heard of such stuff but that's interesting, screen saver speeding up the sync. I might want to try that too.

Was it Mac or PC although I assume that you're on a Mac if you're making iPhone programs, unless you've paid just for the firmware.
  9. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Or you could just become a dev and get the 3.0 beta legally.........
  10. Jincos

Jincos New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was syncing on a Windows computer with the screen saver on, it synced within maybe.. 2-3 minutes for a full sync? I don't sync on my Mac because all my stuff is on my desktop.