Youtube, Mail issue using proxy server over WPA2

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by dantega, Aug 17, 2008.

1. dantega

dantega New Member

Hi to all,

I just got my iTouch FW 2.0 connected to my uni WPA2 Enterprise WIFI network. The Wifi network uses a proxy server to access the Internet. Once the proxy is set up Safari works just fine, so do Stocks, Google maps and the weather app however Youtube realised doesn't load the video when I choose one. I can see the featured section, search for videos and stuff but when it finally tries to load the video on the quicktime player it stays forever and it is never shown. The same with the Mail app, it tries to pull mails with no positive result.

The network is not blocking youtube as i can use my laptop to watch youtube with no restrictions so there must be something going on with youtube connectivity through proxy and the same with the mail app.

any idea?

Thanks
  2. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Proxy support in iPhone is only for HTTP protocol, mail and YouTube uses different protocols. Why do you need proxy anyway? make a gateway ;p
  3. dantega

dantega New Member

Well, i don't have control over my uni's wifi network so the gateway idea can be discarded.
    Is there any way to force mail and youtube to use the http proxy?

thanks
  4. deleted_user

deleted_user Guest

same problem with my 2.1 iphone 2g.. my school uses a proxy, too.. i'm able to browse the internet just fine but youtube doesn't work at all - as well as itunes store and video/audio played from the internet (such as seeqpod)..
  5. keyboarder

keyboarder Banned

you could always go to youtube.com on the touch....