Youtube fix

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MyiEye, Nov 11, 2008.

1. MyiEye

MyiEye New Member

so I've been looking around for a youtube fix for 2.x specifically 2.1 because it seems lots of people, me included are getting the message "this movie could not be played". After much searching I've only found help for older versions, so I thought I'd ask the people that know stuff, if this has a solution. Thanks
  2. Ipodtouch97

Ipodtouch97 Banned

when it says "the movie cannot be played" its becuase either its only for pc or becuase it couldnt be loaded
  3. MyiEye

MyiEye New Member

well i can't watch ANY movies on youtube and i know they're not blocked or anything a friend of mine has the same problem. He's had it before and after jailbreaking
  4. iPhoneFTW

iPhoneFTW New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ^ I'm getting blurring videos whilst on 3G aswell which although isn't a proper bug, is serisouly annoying
  5. MyiEye

MyiEye New Member

Any ideas as to why it isn't loading?
  6. Ipodtouch97

Ipodtouch97 Banned

well i have never had this problem.
    but what do you have an iPod or iPhone?
  7. MyiEye

MyiEye New Member

I've got an iPod
  8. bassam

bassam Member

maybe the video is erased from youtube or something ... or maybe the video is in HD or it has those things that pop up on the video .. i have only resentley noticed those !!
  9. petercockroach

petercockroach New Member

Mine's dead too. No movies play. Tried a full restore, no JB, nothing works.

edit: I just asked my roommate if her's worked and she said it did. I looked for the movie she played ("Did You Know", 3rd one down, something about 2008 edition) and it worked. Then I tried playing something on the featured videos on her Touch (Canadian Stereotypes, 2nd down on the list at time of posting) and it didn't load for either of us. It's gotta be a YouTube issue.