Youtube App

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tktab911, Jul 22, 2009.

1. tktab911

tktab911 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi

I've had my ipod touch for some time now.. I've fully customized it, deleted useless apps (stock), downloaded and removed a fair share of files... Well.. This is my problem;

I was going threw the system files earlier today and i happened to find the youtube app information... Well i deleted a couple of the other basic apps from my i.t. and i figured.. why not this one? its just to remove that little button from my screen so something cooler can take its place.. After doing so i found that i cannot watch any youtube videos... *big mistake for me since im a big-youtube fan* I deleted the whole-youtube app folder instead of just the icon... Is there any way i can get those back? Possibly a 3rd party creation that restores the default icons? I wouldn't mind getting that one back *even if i have to deal with the icon* w/o having to restore my ipod?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hmm.... You could try renaming you 3.0 ".IPSW" to ".ZIP" and extract it, then copy the YouTube files from there.
    And next time, don't delete the whole app, just use Poof or SBSettings to Hide them.
  3. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    But, then you would have to decrypt the .dmg and find a way to extract it.

Not too easy.
  4. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There used to be a way an easy to do it, back in 1.1.x days, but I can't remember.
  5. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

Extract that firmware. Use VFDecrypt to decrypt the DMG. Probably use some software, such as HFSExplorer to mount the DMG. Then take the files and copy them.
  6. tktab911

tktab911 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I extracted it... No noticable files *such as youtube :|* lol

i'll try the encryption and then unziping again... hopefully i find it before i have to restore it
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    also... which .DMG files should i do this to? both of them?
    I have 3 of them after extracting it;
    018-5310-002.dmg
    018-5300-002.dmg
    018-5309-002.dmgThe second one/middle one (018-5300-002.dmg) is the one with larger memory size (234,000 KB).

The other two (018-5310-002.dmg & 018-5309-002.dmg) share the same memory size (about 12,800 KB).

I'll try all 3 i guess and search for something related to youtube in some form and let yah know how it turns out...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    --Its saying; "You need to enter a password to unlock this disk image;"
    I've tried a few of them that I use... also alpine *idk why but this is used when accessing my ipod from a computer*. Any help?
  7. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

Nonono, unzip the ipsw/zip. Use "018-5300-002.dmg". Depending on Mac/Windows, use VFDecrypt and the Root FileSystem Key for your device from here: http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=VFDecrypt_Keys:_3.x . Instructions on how to use it are here: http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=VFDecrypt_Keys . On Macs it is done in Terminal, and I don't know about Windows. After that the decypted dmg should be mountable. The Youtube Files should be /Applications/Youtube.app/.
  8. tktab911

tktab911 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've tried all of the keys. none seem to work, however on *alot* of the ones listend for Ipod Touch 2G it says; Not Yet Posted... Any idea's for that?
  9. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

As Long as you typed eveything properly, it definitely works.

I know it works.

Code:
    MacBook-Pro-Wired:3.0 jlocalled$ ./vfdecrypt -i ./018-5300-002.dmg -o dec__fs.dmg -k 415225778E1BEBF8EEFF2A9050B04CE429DE9680E4ACBA50820A3FA453897BC4A4B307E2

10. Shaded Light

Shaded Light Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    could you not find someone with the same firmware and the same type of ipod (2g 3.0 jb) and ask them to SSH in and get a copy of the files you deleted? then you can SSH them in.
    and, in the future, just use poof, i wouldnt delete stock apps. and since you are such a "big-youtube fan" why would you delete it anyway?