YouTube app suggestion box

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by frightenedcow, Dec 21, 2008.

1. frightenedcow

frightenedcow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    there are a few things about the YouTube app that have really been bothering me lately. you may not see these things as real problems and obviously Apple doesnt think that they are worth fixing. i dont see how they could over look improving that YouTube app cuz it stays the same throughout all the latest firmwares.

my first complaint is that you cant read all of the title of the video. it cuts off at the end and it is stupid that there is no way to read it all. i guess Apple decided that the title of the video is not important.

my second is that i have had YouTube videos crash if i try to drag the progress bar back to let it buffer and it freezes and it crashes. ive also had it crash even if i do nothing at all.

my third one is related to the second. when the video stops cuz it needs more buffer, the progress bar is not filled with blue all the way up to the silvery circle. it takes a wile for it to show the real amount of buffer and you cant drag very well until it does this. if you go to fast for the ipod to process, like trying to drag over and over, it will crash.

i would also like to suggest there be a way to post text comments. that would make the YouTube app soo much better.

another is there should be a way to get your bookmarked videos to sync with you favorites when you use your computer. is this already possible? do i have to use the same e-mail acount? cuz i do.

Oh! Another big on is that there should be a way to read the whole description of the video. that is sometimes just as important as the video itself.

did i miss any? whats your suggestion?

well, please enjoy this video here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DelfBpwc-Tw

Dirty Vegas - Days Go By!!!

best song ever!!
  2. gabeb

gabeb New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    definately

i agree with with you completely about being able to read the whole title and the whole description

and yeah
    is real glitchy
  3. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I also agree about being able to see the full title, it pisses me off so much sometimes.

I hadn't really thought about it, but you are right, Apple has overlooked updating it in forever! since like 1.1.3 when they added the January App Pack and had to put the email link in....

hmm.....
  4. veeloc

veeloc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I think by clicking a button to view comments would be good, and also a button to see related videos... and more by user and stuff, and syncing to faves on your youtube account i guess would be important yeah. but the whole name thing i havnet thought once about, i just know the thumbnails that i want to see. i dont use youtube mobile as like a way of searching youtube to find new stuff, if i do that. i use my ocmputer just waay easier.
  5. ValidSquare

ValidSquare New Member

That's what itransmogrify is for.
  6. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Ye the title reading thing is a problem, that should be sorted out.

and itransmogrify doesnt want to work on my ipod touch secong Gen 2.2 Firmware. :L Annoying, please email me: mike__XD@hotmail.com if you know why or some realy easy to follow instructions

Please Register or Log in to view images

thanks.
  7. frightenedcow

frightenedcow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah, I was gone say something about related vids and more from that user. Someone should make a new youtube app in cydia or something. Apple's to busy to fix it.
  8. Vash01

Vash01 New Member

I agree to!
  9. frightenedcow

frightenedcow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    what is itransmogrify?
  10. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Its a bookmarkelt that allows you to watch flash content

But i cant get it to work, go on the internet on your device, find a site with
    the name joe in it, and follow the instructions

Please Register or Log in to view images