Your thoughts on 3rd party legal SDK Apps?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by sct_nh, Jan 23, 2008.

1. sct_nh

sct_nh New Member

When the SDK apps are released, do you think Apple will let you try before you buy? I'd hate to pay like $5 (just a guess) or whatever to download an app that looks good, only to realise it sucks. Maybe they could release demo/trial versions? If not, I at least hope they have demo videos of the apps.
    What do you think?

Oh and does anyone have a problem legally buying 3rd party apps? I don't mind, though I'm pissed at the $20 charge for the iPhone apps. I'll probably just buy an IM client and maybe something like MobileScrobbler if theres something similar released. I'm glad because they'll be much more stable and have more features than current 3rd party apps like Apollo

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I hope so, and no i have no problem with it

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Bitter

Bitter New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am hoping the 3rd party apps created after the SDK release are damn good because I am not going to spend money on apps unless they are absolutely worth it when I can just get stuff free when jailbreaking.

Bitter.
  4. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

When I get mine (I'll buy it if I manage to not get a C in BIO this quarter), I'll probably will just jailbreak and forget about the SDK unless there is a really killer app.
  5. tsice19

tsice19 New Member

Well maybe the forums can make a section called SDK Apps, and there can be individual reviews for each app. And it could be set up like the Release Forum with a screenshot of the app. Maybe they could even add polls to each one to vote if you like it or not. Kinda like the iTunes music store is with reviews, only better. Just my 2 cents...
  6. tsice19

tsice19 New Member

I think it's amazing how much you help people even though you don't have a touch.