your opinion on apples stance on jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fyvel, Nov 16, 2008.

?

What do you think apple's stance is on jailbreaking??

1. Apple hates it..... with a passion

26.1%
  2. Apple hates it a little...

21.7%
  3. Apple thinks of jailbreaking as just an annoying bug...

52.2%
  1. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok... so i posted somthin pretty much the same to this a little while ago.... and i want to see what your opinions are on how much apple hates.... or does not hate jailbreaking....
    here are ny arguments.... think about it... and honestly... dont say free music, videos, free youtube videos, or "cracked apps".... are the reason
    because... you can get free music... anywhere... free videos and convert them... and seriously... tubehunter can be used for ripping youtube vidoes.... how many ipod touch/ iphone owners jailbreak?? what percent of them condone cracked apps?? so apple is not really lacking that much in those feilds.... it pretty much just greateness the laziness of jailbreakers... which for apple isnt great... but free music, videos, and cracked apps.... will happen pretty much no matter what....
    were they are getting hurt... is there are devs giving free apps.... but if they went on the appstore... they need to pay to have any apps hosted... so they loose about $100 for each unregistered dev and however much the might have wanted to charge...
    and they dont want any people coming in with jailbrokeded ipods... because if i ask you.... since you started jailbreaking... for me... since 1.1.1... how many times did you restore?? during the 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 days... i restored maybe once a week..... during 1.1.3 days.... maybe 2 or 3 times a week... during 1.1.4 i restored at least once a month... and with 2.x i alredy restored 3 times.... and how many got stuck at an infinite boot cycle... and got scared and almost wasted one of apples ipods that they were going to sell until you broke the ipod?? now really think about some of this.....
  2. iPhoneFTW

iPhoneFTW New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Woah what happened to your enter key and full stop key?
  3. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    what?? lol... and make sure you explain you answer....
  4. iPhoneFTW

iPhoneFTW New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Well for a start, how many full stops do you have after a sentence and what happened to paragraphs?

I'm not reading that; looks scary
  5. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lol... you silly man... that is how a rant was written back in the day... and we had to walk 10 miles in the snow to get to that keyboard...

Please Register or Log in to view images

im playing as grandpa....
  6. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

i think they kinda like it.
    because they can see what people like, and they get new ideas from it
    just me, but i think apple kinda likes it
  7. iPhoneFTW

iPhoneFTW New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    "It was acceptable in the 80s
    It was acceptable at the timeeee"

-Calvin Harris
  8. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lol....

Please Register or Log in to view images

how did you like my little grandpa bit??
  9. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I think that as much as we dislike it, from a practical standpoint their stance is the only one that they could have taken. Apple is first and foremost a company, they want to make money, and letting people do things for free that they could for money just doesn't make much sense. Apple knows their target audience, and knows that they can get away with making them pay for things that other consumer bases wouldn't (i.e. drm-ed music).

I don't think that Apple as a company "hates" it, they just see it as getting in the way of profit. It is a purely logical stance, not based on emotions such as hate.
  10. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    that is a pretty good answer... if i say so myself.... lol....