Your mistakes when you didn't know much about iPod Touch/iPhone

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 1YNQMWQVHZ, Apr 14, 2009.

1. 1YNQMWQVHZ

1YNQMWQVHZ Active Member

What are some weird, stupid or funny things you did when you didn't know much about iPod Touches/iPhones?

One of mine is:

- I thought you need to plug your iPod Touch/iPhone in your computer with the USB cord when you SSH
  2. Wiizz

Wiizz New Member

When I bought my first iPod Touch (2G), I was downloading all my apps (free) through iTunes and then syncing everytime. I was too scared that if I went into App Store on my iPod I'd accidently buy something. Hahaha.
  3. angusg

angusg New Member

My biggest one was I didn't realise double tapping the home button brought up the play control menu... I didn't realise that by doing this I could mute most ingame sounds as well.. was frustrating before I realised on the train trip to work in the morning.. To music or game?? music or game?? music would always inevitably win out...
  4. steincj

steincj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I never knew about "Swipe to delete." That delete button popped up one day when I was messing around . . . you should have seen all my finger gyrations trying to get it to do it again.
  5. Wiizz

Wiizz New Member

Haha, that's another of mine. Bloody annoying.
  6. angusg

angusg New Member

When I first got my macbook pro I was doing similar... I knew the basics of multitouch but couldn't get it to work.. you should've seen me sitting there holding one finger still on the touch pad and swiping with the other
  7. TheTerminator

TheTerminator New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Mine was to move and delete apps. Me and my friends had gotten iPod touches and we didn't know how to move and delete apps and one day, I had my finger on an app too long and they all started wiggling with the little X on top.
  8. 1YNQMWQVHZ

1YNQMWQVHZ Active Member

9. giannaros

giannaros New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Happened to me too... also when I was tapping the "Edit" button to edit my On-The-Go playlist I couldnt figure out how to re-arrange the songs...
  10. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Hahahaha, I faced the same problem with my touch as well, when I got it last October... I wasn't sure how ppl managed to move and rearrange their apps, furthermore I only knew that apps can only be deleted via iTunes...

Please Register or Log in to view images