Your iPod touch story?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by luvs2touch, Oct 28, 2007.

1. luvs2touch

luvs2touch New Member

So tell me how u got your IPOd touch? Just thought it would be kinda neat to find out the stories behind your I pod touches ..ill tell ya mine

Okay so i bought one of the new nano videos and back then had no intent of buying the ipt. But like a week later my dad suddenlys tells me if i return my nano he will buy me an i phone if i save up 100 bucks more. On top. Well okay So i go to the store and return my nano video..then i realize the ipt exsists ..so i now cancel my whole iphone plan since they cost like 600 to get here in canda.

My dad agrees with my new ipt obsession,and decides to order me one fro. Apple.ca. Well we order it then i find out i wouldent be seeing my ipt till nov 15!!!liike 2 weeks of order processing then it woulda taken like another week of shippin..

Depressed but not flattered another 2daya of ipt wait pass. Its 1:00 clok at night and my dad sees a craigslisg add for a barely used ipt for 350$..excited i rushed to the phone and called the guy at 1 am . He picked up !

After some talks and my dad negotiating we got the guy down to 300! We then agreed to go to the guys dtown appartment at 1:30 At night.lol so we granbbedthe gps and set foot..we got there met the guy..

He was amazed at our determination to drive out at 1 o clock at night..he shows his ipt and wow! Its like barely used..like new,so we make the deal..

I was one excited half asleep mofo..got my IP t without wait and saved 50$!!!this was like 2-3 weeks ago

Yep thats how i got my ipt..U?? If u actually read all this.then wow
  2. hydrotherion

hydrotherion New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My story:
    This month I had to bring my car in for major maintenance and also I had to bring my car in for official testing.(We have to do that every year a goverment requirement in Belgium) Now off course I saved some money for that and to my surprise the maintenance was cheap and also nothing was found in the testing. So I had some money laying around and I thought I would call my local Apple store(Maes Herentals) if they had some 8gb touches lying around. They had and I thought I'll go test but I actually went in there to buy a Nano. Saw the Touch and was so impressed by it I totally forgot about the Nano!

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Vasily

Vasily Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Mine:
    My b-day was on the 28th of august, and b\c my dad was away on a trip we decided to postpone my b-day party till the 8th of sept. On the 4th i read an article about Steve Jobs' keynote planned for the 5th that was supposed to be about ipods

It grabbed my interest and i waited until further news came out. When I saw the Touch my jaw fell to the ground and i urged my mom not to buy me a present, and just give me cash. Later on I was at my dad's place ordering it online

Touch arrived late but oh well who gives a crap its worth it.
  4. jasonweaver

jasonweaver New Member

well I first met my iPod video on this online dating service and we e mailed each other and one thing led to another and the iPod proposed to me and I said yes. Then on our honeymoon we got intimate and had a baby ipod touch, we were suprised to find out our baby was black because the video was white and I'm not black
    3 months later I took custody over the iPod touch and left the video for good and i love my ipod touch as if it was my own kid.
  5. kyledylanconner

kyledylanconner New Member

Well, saw an ad.
    Drove to my nearest Apple store.
    Walked into the Apple store.
    Bought the iPod Touch.
    Walked back out of the store.
    Drove back home.
    Set the iPod Touch on the counter.
    Ate some food?
  6. JeffS

JeffS Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I won it in a poker game.

True story, really...

My company was hosting a charity poker tournament with proceeds going to Ronald McDonald house. One of the companies sponsoring the event put up a handful of Nanos as raffle prizes, and an iPod Touch to the winner of round two. As you can guess, I won round two. It was an 8 gig Touch, and personally I was happier with that, than first prize for the whole event which was a Best Buy gift card. A day later, I took my new little Touch down to the local Apple store, and paid the difference to swap it for a 16 gig model.
    I got a new toy, and gave money to a good cause.

-Jeff
  7. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

I had been reading about rumors that there was going to be an announcement on September 5th. I eagerly waited until September 5th. I stayed home on the 5th, watched the announcement and was very excited. I had been saving up for a couple months because of the rumors and had about $600. Right when the online store update I ordered my touch. I waited and waited for it to ship and I finally received it on September 20th.
  8. omnibus

omnibus New Member

I had a JVC camcorder and a Sony PSP with 5 games gathering dust. Those along with my 5th gen ipod w/video brought $300 on Craigs list....WOW what a bargain. I just wanted a quick irresistible sale.

I had seen the touch a day or two before at a super Wal-mart. After I had the money in hand I called to find out if they still had them. Sold out.

I'm a big fan of immediate gratification so I called around the found stock at a Wal-mart in Spearfish SD about 100 miles from my home in Gillette, WY
    I told the salesperson I was coming first thing the next morning and she promised to put it aside until I got there.

There was a different salesperson than the one I spoke to, different gender, and his immediate reply was that they were not allowed to hold items. Luckily there was still one and only one in the case. I grabbed it.

Since my son is a Wal-mart employee I got $40 off my 16 gig touch.

I may have been impatient to get my ipoT but I am patient enough to wait for Apple's sanction of 3rd party apps.