iPhone 3GS your iPhone 3GS buying experiance

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by twigster9, Jun 19, 2009.

1. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    How was your iPhone 3GS buying experiance? I got to an AT&T store early with my preorder reciept. They had didnt have a seperate line for people who preorder it. So i was stuck in the line and the guy said that he will call up preorderers at 7:00 A.M. When its 7:00 A.M, all the nonpreorders rush in, when its my turn, they have to call AT&T to do a credit center or soemthing. The phone lines are jammed. After about an hour i finally have my iPhone 3GS... after the line was gone and anyone could just walk in. Good cashier though.
  2. Clusterfunk

Clusterfunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I woke up, watched some TV. The UPS guy knocked on the door. I signed for it, and that's about it.
  3. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I waited 2 hours in line at Apple (was 8th person there), only to be turned away because of some silly AT&T - Apple account accessibility garbage. Completely dejected, I went home, only to try an AT&T which had no line whatsoever and a nice manager who let me in before hours. I had my 3G S activated by 8:20 this morning
  4. Clusterfunk

Clusterfunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Actually, I got mine at maybe 8:30 or 9, but didn't even turn it on until about 4 today. I had so much stuff to do to my old one before giving it up (downgrade to 2.2.1, restore from backup, jailbreak, unhide apps, show icons in safari, backup etc.) so that when I restored from backup on my new one, it wouldn't be effed up without a jailbreak.
  5. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I was in line at the AT&T store down the road at 6. There were only two other people there when I walked up, so I was forced to be third rather than first. At 7, they let the eight or so preorderers that showed up in to get theirs, then opened the doors for us at about 7:50. Walked out with my white 32GB at 8:12.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. jayjay810

jayjay810 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I went to my local AT&T store after lunch around 2PM and was told there were no more 16gigs, but that was OK cause I wanted the 32gig. There was one guy ahead of me in line and I was with someone about 5 mins later and out of the store about 15 minutes after that. It would've been quicker but activation took a little longer since I saw the guy next to me get his activated before me even though he started after me.