Your honest opinion?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Kn0wnTooWeLL, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Kn0wnTooWeLL

Kn0wnTooWeLL New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay... I just got a 2nd Generation 16GB iPod Touch, when I thought I was getting a 1st Generation 8GB iPod Touch, which was a great surprise, and now I need a case for it. I need one that isn't very flashy because I am going to need to use it during Science Lab (which is a class where we just do work and the teacher doesn't do anything, so I'm allowed to listen to music) and during lunch. I usually wear black (shocker) so a black case would be nice. I do NOT WANT A pullover, I want something like the RebelTouch... but, do you suggest something like the RebelTouch? Are there any other alternatives? I am trying to stay under/around the $50 range.
  2. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

I have a black leather pdo case, I love it. There is a review on it at hacktheipodtouch.com
  3. ALBIM

ALBIM New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I would suggest any silicone case that comes in black, such as cases from Incipio (either the durashot or dermashot, one of them is silicone), or the Belkin Grip Tight Groove.

What kind of protection are you looking for?

There's pretty much only a few schools of thought:

the complete protection- even over the screen, such as the otterbox or naked case
    back and corner protection- the plastic cases such as the iClear, or a silicone (rubber) case such as the Belkin Grip Tight Groove.
    Scratch Proof- a sticker or adhesive that completely covers the ipod, but offers little shock protection. More to protect from scratches rather then protection from drops. If going this route, go with either the invisible shield or Body Guardz.
  4. Kn0wnTooWeLL

Kn0wnTooWeLL New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm looking for something to keep it clean. Is there anything that does not show fingerprints? I want something with maybe a separate screen protector that has to be applied to it like the Rebeltouch does - but definitely not something that has the screen protection attached to the case. What I don't like about something such as Otterbox is that the companies' name takes up 1/4 of the back of the case, which is quite ridiculous, while the Rebeltouch does not do that. I guess I should go with Rebeltouch.. but even then, is there a possibility of color fading?
  5. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

try speck pixel skin cases.. heard good stuff about them... i ordered some and im waiting for them to get shipped in
  6. ZEvangelist

ZEvangelist New Member

If you are going to be keeping your iPod touch in your pocket most of the time and want it to be protected from scratches from things like your zipper and keys or change, the invisibleSHIELD is the way to go. The invisibleSHIELD also helps reduce fingerprints immensely and is easily cleaned. The invisibleSHIELD retails for $24.95 for full body protection, but there is a sitewide sale going on right now for 30% off. Just use the discount code SITEWIDE30 during checkout.

-Chris