Your Gaming Pet Peeves.

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Cam, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Cam

Cam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Post your gaming-related annoyances & pet peeves.

Please, let this not turn into a Franchise/Console argument!!!

• Turn-based RPG's. There's no point in them. The entire turn-based gameplay concept was created from technical limitations, not strategy.
    • Final Fantasy. I can't tell the difference between any game.
    • The fact that EA stripped the soul out of The Sims, in order to make it appeal to casual gamers & females.
    • Guitar Hero. Seriously, it needs to stop. Have 1 GH game released a year, and make them band spinoffs.
    • People who use Microphones during online gameplay. I've yet to hear a voice that's soothing, instead of an 8-year-old, or whiny 14-year-old.
    • The Wii. To me, it was a rushed attempt by Nintendo to repeat the financial success of the DS. The motion technology (by 2009's standards) is outdated, even with MotionPlus.
    • Console fanboys. Seriously, every console has pros and cons.
    • People (Mainly younger gamers) who hate older games (From the SNES generation)
    • People who use their PSP for music.
    • People who buy iPod touches/iPhones for apps/games.
    • Parents who buy their 4-to-8-year-old children incredibly violent video games. I know it doesn't have an effect on the kids themselves, but come on, that's trashy.
    • People who still play Counter-Strike. By 2009's standards, there are flash games with more depth.
    • Gamer Weaaboos. We all know this type of person: Someone who thinks that every uber-Japanese game is automatically better than everything from North America or Europe.
    • People who care more about getting Achievements/Trophies than they do having fun.
    • People who get gaming news/reviews from the G4 channel.
    • All those Zubats from Pokemon games.
    • More recent Pokemon games. They get worse and worse, and the only reason why people buy them is for nostalgia. I'm guilty of this.
    • People that don't like Katamari Damacy.
    • People that buy Madden games every year.
    • Nude/Skimpy mods for PC games that in no way warrant them.
    • People that assume GTA 3 is somehow the first in the series.
    • People that assume that Fallout 3 is somehow the first in the series.
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

• Turn based RPGs were around for a lot longer than you think. The concept is based off of older games such as Dungeons And Dragons. I just had to correct you there.
    • I think you seem to be missing out on how incredibly fun Guitar Hero is to play when you're half in the bag at your friends' apartments with umpteen of your other friends there playing as well. The new games are good because the old songs can get stale.
    • When I was living on the opposite side of the country than my brother, we would play GTAIV online (PS3) and communicate while playing it via the bluetooth headsets. It was far better than any phone call.
    • I hate SNES games. Growing up, all I wanted more than anything in the whole world was an ATARI. I never got one, sadly, but I did get a NES, then the SEGA Genesis, then on to the PlayStations. After the NES, I never owned another Nintendo system. Nor do I plan to either.
    • The PSP isn't a portable gaming device. It is, and has always been marketed as a portable media center. A portable media center that also plays games. Go back and watch any of the commercials for the actual device and you will see this too. In fact, SONY even admitted to giving the device the wrong name, but they wanted to capitalize on the PlayStation brand. Using the PSP as a media device is perfectly acceptable, and what they were designed for.

I'm not a gamer. I have my PS3 solely for the BluRay capabilities. I very seldom play games on it. I'm just not much of a gamer at all.

The point being that none of your complaints bother me one bit. I couldn't care any less about what people do or how they do what they do. Maybe I'll go get myself an atari.
  3. Cam

Cam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    • I was talking about turn-based Japanese RPG's, and not pencil-and-paper RPG's. Re-read the thread title, and the name of the board I'm posting it on. As of the 90's/2000's, there's no point in them. The D&D explanation is true when it comes to PC RPG's from the early-to-mid 80's.
    • I was talking about 16-bit consoles in general. Way to make it so specific.
    • A majority, if not, everyone who buys a PSP gets it primarily for games. Also, people look like idiots listening to music on one. Also, if Sony thought there was an error in their branding scheme, why did they announce the PSP Go, and focus entirely on its gaming aspects?
  4. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Wow, definitely a case of STFUAJPG if I've ever seen one.
  5. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Your opinions are lame.
  6. SeeFreaky

SeeFreaky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    There are games for every type of gamer out there. They're your pet peeves, but something you do might be someone else's pet peeve. For example, yes, EA Sports does put out a new madden game every year, but some people like having team updates because they like the sport.
  7. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

8. Led

Led Banned

This. I also hate prepubescent kids with mics (that often make fart noises in the mic); I mute most of them.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I completely disagree with these (and the others but these are the ones i want to comment on). I know it's your opinion but i'm just gonna throw mine out there.

-Turn based games rock. Some of the greatest games in history are turn based (Pokemans, FFVII, Fallout 1/2).
    -The Sims is good. I don't know how they dumbed it down but then again i haven't played 3.
    -Guitar Hero's pretty fun. Great for parties and friends especially when you play with the full band.
    -I like hearing people use microphones. Talking to friends over XBL and PSN is better than having a phone in my ear and a crick in my neck. I do hate the immature kids with microphones though. Usually i mute them
    -Why the hell else would you buy an iPod touch. When i first saw it, I knew that Apple would release an SDK.
    -Recent Pokemon games have been great.
  9. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    And when you're playing Left 4 Dead and an 8 year old starts yelling in the mic.
    "SHOOT THE TANK SHOOT IT HURRYYYY!!!!!"
    "OH THERE HE IS GET HIM GOOOO!!!"

And they're serious.

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    My biggest hate in the world is annoying people with mics. Sure they are great fun, unless people decide to start yelling and screaming into them ,making stupid noises and just being annoying general.

Parents who buy their kids technology/games they aren't even old enough to use properly.