Your Favourite Games *With Reviews*

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by carsonauto, Jan 11, 2008.

1. carsonauto

carsonauto New Member

This is a post dedicated to weeding through the hundreds of good and bad games.

Make a post detailing games that you've played, and your review (With a score out of TEN). I will add them to this list and hopefully we can help the community find good, fun games. Dont be afraid to review a game that is already mentioned. The more, the merrier!

Credits: shuriken

gpSPhone - Best emulator for the Touch, some games a little laggy sometimes, but works well for most. 9/10
    iPhysics - Scalable and versatile with tons of add-on levels, I waste hours on it. 9.5/10
    Labyrinth - Great use of the accelerometer and a fun, old school game. New versions make you pay which is BS. 7.5/10
    NES - Worst emulator ever made for any console, does not do the NES justice. 1/10
    Sketches - Great to draw random stuff, take notes, play tic-tac-toe, and many other uses. 7/10
    TTR - Must get the Guitar Hero mod...good port of DDR-esque games...saving songs/steps requires a FTP which is a b*tch, but not a problem if you have Wifi. 8.5/10
    iSolitaire - Gets the job done. 8/10
    Lights Off - Fun to kill time, gets hard after a while, but a good game. 7/10
    Mines - It's Ok, but needs option for bigger gameboards. 6.5/10
    Sudoku - I <3 Sudoku. 8/10
    EvolutionRGB - Fun to play with. As mentioned before, needs more elements and a lot of potential. 7.5/10
    Othello - Needs difficulty adjustments for AI...I school it every time. 6/10
    Caissa - Same as Othello, AI needs work. Even on -4 the AI holds up well against me--I am a pretty decent chess player which probably means most other people who it will get pwned. 6/10
    4 Balls - Another great port. 7.5/10
    iGo - AI schools me everytime. 4/10
    ContraSense - Good concept, lots of potential, btw: did anyone make any new car gfx for it? 6.5/10
    Domino - It's fun, but I feel like I'm 70 when I play it. 8/10
    Tetromino - Good tetris port, the drop button needs to be instant instead of having to tap it, would be cool to have an option for on/off tetris music. 9/10
    iBlackjack - Fun, but stats and odds should be tweaked back to reality. 7.5/10

Credits: Campi

Chess - i like chess, its littlebit hard to control cause the board is to little but it works good...ai is strong even on lowest level BUT that makes it challenging and i won a few times...and iam a absolute chess noob 9/10

caissa - bad controls...makes no fun in chess u can TAP to move...in caissa u have to "slide" but its way to small! bad 2/10

evolution rgb - really fun! iam waiting for more elements than it will be the best toy on touch 9.5/10

nes - it was my first console, its fun to play my old games again...but the controls are bad...i stay with my psp 5/10

Credits: yoyorks

EvolutionRGB, 9/10 so fun, i ahve wasted countless hours on this game. with more elementss, this game can only get better.

4balls 7/10, good game. play with friends and against computer. sucks cause it can get boring fast.

blockpuzzle. 8/10 fun game but i can only go past the 1st level. the fact that there are 10 levels now boosted the score up to 8/10 from 6/10

garf. 8/10 BEST PORT EVER! keeps me entertained long. best is 19

NES. 0/10. worst emulator ever made. games on this suck. no where near as good as the original

gpSphone. 8/10 such a great emulator. everthing nes is not. games feel like im playing the real thing. pokemon FTW!

iPhysics. 9/10 great game, can keep you playing for minutes. i get bored fast, and the levels arent too different. once people make better levels, such as Sakura, the game could get more fun. i heard there will be a new updat for the game which i cant wait for.

iSolitaire.
    8.5/10 exactly like windows solitaire. i love it and play it so much.

psx4all. 5/10 not too good from my point of view. much needs to be fixed. never play this cept when im showing people the emulator.

TTR. 7/10. with the gutar hero mod, i give it a 8/10. with downloading songs from installer, i give it a 8.5/10. great game. very fun. a little easy, and no ability to hold notes, which is keeping me from giving the 9 or 10 it could potentially have.

Hockey. 6/10 fun game but very boring and not realistic. fingers are to big for the game. only play when playing with friends that are amused easily.

mines 6/10 because the map is so small, in order to get a fast high score, you are better off clicking randomly.

Doom 6/10. sucks as is. with updates, this game will be SICK! as of right now, one level, and can't move around very acurately. also, shooting sucks.

contrasense. 7/10 good game, fast good waste of time

Cave. 6.5/10 AWESOME GAME! just needs to restart after every deather, or else you will be having to click home button over and over again.

Credits: nclaxmiddy11

Labyrinth (Old) - Amazing game and very addictive 9/10

EvolutionRGB - Very addicting sand like game but better 8.5/10

TowersOfHanoi - Move disks between little sticks, sounds weird but fun 8.5/10

iPhysics - Like Crayon Physics but sometimes is hard to play 8/10

RealArtist - Take a picture a deform it, very fun 8/10

4Balls - Connect four for ipod, literally impossible to beat comp vs player 8/10

Garf - Simon for ipod, easy and fun 8/10

Scribble - Like sketches but using accelerometer 8/10

NES - Fun emu and passes my time very easily, sometimes crashes for me though 8/10

TTR - Great game like GH and DDR but for the ipod, needs an update though 7/10

Sketches - Fun for doodleing stuff but I think they could add more features 7/10

Sand - Cool game but drawing lines is kind of ockward 7/10

BlockPuzzle - Move blocks to get red block through a hole, very hard 7/10

iSlots - A Vegas slot machine on your ipod 7/10

gpSPhone - Good emu for ipod, landscape is bad because fingers block game 6.5/10

ContraSense - Fun little car game using accelerometer, kind of glitchy 6.5/10

Lights Off - Fun game but gets very hard after a while 6.5/10

Piano - A piano with 8-Bit sound effects, needs more keys 6.5/10

iBlackjack - Blackjack for you ipod, always seem to lose though 6/10

openttd - Like Roller Coaster Tycoon but building a community, small buttons 6/10

iSnake - Snake using accelerometer but not very tilt sensative 5.5/10

psx4all - Okay emu, needs a lot of work 5/10

Hockey - Great idea but very glitchy 4.5/10

**Due to a 10,000 character limit, I am NO longer able to add new reviews. Use the following pages to keep up to date!**

Post your favorite games, and a short review of what you think of it. Ill add your name, review, and score (Out of 10, please)
  2. Wambam1205

Wambam1205 Banned

Garf= Simon clone, now with added leader board and such, works great, alot of fun. 8/10

iDigger= boulder dash clone, fun, you move kind of fast though, better than rock fall cause there is no accelerometer use at all (good thing imo). 7/10

Cave= helicopter game, needs alot of work, has great potential as of now 3/10

Sand.app= fun alot of elements, just fun to mess with. 8.5/10

evo rgb= better in every-way than sand.app, but few elements, great potential. 9/10
  3. shuriken

shuriken New Member

gpSPhone - Best emulator for the Touch, some games a little laggy sometimes, but works well for most. 9/10
    iPhysics - Scalable and versatile with tons of add-on levels, I waste hours on it. 9.5/10
    Labyrinth - Great use of the accelerometer and a fun, old school game. New versions make you pay which is BS. 7.5/10
    NES - Worst emulator ever made for any console, does not do the NES justice.

Please Register or Log in to view images

1/10
    Sketches - Great to draw random stuff, take notes, play tic-tac-toe, and many other uses. 7/10
    TTR - Must get the Guitar Hero mod...good port of DDR-esque games...saving songs/steps requires a FTP which is a b*tch, but not a problem if you have Wifi. 8.5/10
    iSolitaire - Gets the job done. 8/10
    Lights Off - Fun to kill time, gets hard after a while, but a good game. 7/10
    Mines - It's Ok, but needs option for bigger gameboards. 6.5/10
    Sudoku - I <3 Sudoku. 8/10
    EvolutionRGB - Fun to play with. As mentioned before, needs more elements and a lot of potential. 7.5/10
    Othello - Needs difficulty adjustments for AI...I school it every time. 6/10
    Caissa - Same as Othello, AI needs work. Even on -4 the AI holds up well against me--I am a pretty decent chess player which probably means most other people who it will get pwned. 6/10
    4 Balls - Another great port. 7.5/10
    iGo - AI schools me everytime.

4/10
    ContraSense - Good concept, lots of potential, btw: did anyone make any new car gfx for it?

6.5/10
    Domino - It's fun, but I feel like I'm 70 when I play it. 8/10
    Tetromino - Good tetris port, the drop button needs to be instant instead of having to tap it, would be cool to have an option for on/off tetris music.

9/10
    iBlackjack - Fun, but stats and odds should be tweaked back to reality. 7.5/10
  4. Chadwiko

Chadwiko Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)

Quote for truth.
  5. PhoisGOOD

PhoisGOOD New Member

Nes Emulator : pretty decent besides the buttons to me 8/10
    iPong : so hard to move the thing i hate it 3/10
    Sand : Seeing Evolution rgb it needs lots of improvements 3/10
    Caissa : Its ok because i suck at chess , i havent won with the comp yet 7/10
    Tetromino : Awesome tetris for the ipod, now i dont need to use the Nes emu 9/10
    15 : i like the idea , i hate using the accelerometer to move them 6/10
    Mines : i Love minesweeper , but when i someitmes click on the first try i die 9/10
    Evolution Rgb : Pretty awesome , youll call me wierd because i just like watching the clouds pour water , seeds make the plants go around , and the fire keeps buring , its a awesome cycle to me

10/10
    Block Puzzle : Best puzzle game ever , always keeps me unbored 10/10
    Psx Emu : its ok i guess with half the screen for controlls, laggy games[can make faster but drains battery to fast ] 6/10
    Lights off : It was fun , for awhile then i knew how to beat every level. 8/10
    Othello : i always lose 6/10
    TTR : awesome idea but tapping it always gets my fingers tired 8/10
    iPhysics : Pretty awesome game , awesome concept 9.5/10
    Gba Emu : its an awesome app but only dislike that one of my all time fave games doesnt work 8/10
  6. Pyrofer

Pyrofer New Member

Rockfall - Amazing boulderdash clone. Great challenging levels and simple game play. 10/10
  7. Campi

Campi New Member

hey thanks alot for this thread...it helps alot and is nice idea!

8. Shadow Man 11

Shadow Man 11 New Member

I wish you had the links to those games that would of bein b*tchen
  9. AnotherFan

AnotherFan New Member

For me,

EvolutionRGB: Amazing, simply the best game made for the iPod Touch. Even better potential. 9/10
    gpSPhone: The best emulator. A little choppy at first but after a little bit, works almost perfectly. 9.5/10
    iPhysics: Another well done game. Very impressive and entertaining. Some potential as well. 9/10
    NES: Hard to use, but a few games are pretty decent. 7/10
    PSX: I'm sorry, but I have to delete this app. I never use it, pretty terrible. Tiny screen + laggy. 5/10
  10. PhoisGOOD

PhoisGOOD New Member

Towards anotherfan, theres about 500 games for the nes :] about 613 if u dont count other languages and homebrew