your fav thing about the ipod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sjleworthy, Dec 15, 2008.

1. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    i'm just curious.....

I got my Touch (8 gig 1st gen) about a year ago from the Apple store, purely because i thought it looked drop dead sexy (i do judge a book by it's cover

Please Register or Log in to view images

). I'd never owned a music player or mp3 phone up until this time, and didn't really know what the Touch was or what it could do.

After spending a week or so getting to know it and putting my music on it (and even jail breaking it) i got quickly bored with it. i just took it places with me as a status symbol and for the wow factor.

Then a couple months back the 2.x firmware was released. This basically gave the Touch a new lease of life. It was like a different beast. All of a sudden it became usable to me again, especially as the App Store came into being. I use my Touch on a daily bases now (it's always never far away) and really enjoy using it. It's almost an addiction even

so i'm just wondering what you guys really like to use it for and what you most enjoy doing with it?

i'll kick off.....

1) top of the list for me is wi-fi web browsing.
    2) app store - what a hoot! i spend ages and ages downloading stuff (and usually deleting it all too). it's so much fun.
    3) games - ok, i'd love stuff like Sonic and Outrun and Pacland for instance on an unjailbroken phone, but heck, the current list of games are also great entertainment to play. (just wish i could play them on my tv)
    4) i dont really listen to much music or videos or photos on it, but i love the email, weather and notes apps.

Generally, for me, the Touch is just pure fun. It's difficult to put down. I'll spend hours on the couch every evening fiddling with the thing, much to my wife's annoyance.

I've got no allegiances and particular likes/dislikes to Apple, and would quite easily jump ship to another company's product if a better one came along, but as it stands, the iPod Touch is shear class, and i'm so looking forward to it's future development.
  2. Dark Wizard Dragon Flame

Dark Wizard Dragon Flame New Member

games, music, internet, video

its basically a computer in a way
  3. DBBuzzkiller94

DBBuzzkiller94 New Member

To be honest i just love everything about it!
    I have only set it up so far because im going to get it for a christmas present and i already love it to pieces so at the moment i cant say, but i thought i would reply anyway

4. Functional Disorder

Functional Disorder New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    To the OP: I've never heard of someone getting a Touch for everything but music and videos.
    I'm the exact opposite. I got my Touch because it was the sexiest for music and videos and everything else is pure bonus....and yes, there are tons of bonuses.
  5. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

I love every feature that the iPod touch has to offer, but my favorite by FAR is the touchscreen.
  6. Functional Disorder

Functional Disorder New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It's funny you say that as it was one of the things that made it so sexy, but now it's one of the things that kind of bothers me as to how dirty my screen gets...something to be said for being able to use styx and things to keep fingerprints off...
  7. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

I bet you have dirty finger then, i touch my BARE screen with my BARE hands and it doesn't get dirty.
  8. ThatGEEKFreak

ThatGEEKFreak Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    It's just amazing, everyone loves one, everyone wants one. The feeling you get when you open it is well fuzzy. It's just a great device that does a whole lot of everything with a high quality product in mind.
  9. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    yeah, quite ironic really. music and video is secondary to me.
  10. Wats Doing Boyz

Wats Doing Boyz New Member

Yeah i got it for movies and music and the touch screen is a big bonus not to mention games