You See Why Dev didn't want to release the payload?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Technostorm, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Technostorm

Technostorm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    <Jokingly Sad>
    I really hate to say this and I'm sure about 50million readers will probably try to defend themselves or flame me for stating the FACTS.. But sorry I had to say it anyways..

I remembered when DEV Team first exploited the "Tethered hack" payload. Here's how it goes..

85.7% self-claimed wannabe, L33t to da max!, "hey, I know what I'm doing", "Bring it on Dev Team!, we not gonna brick our IPOD and you DON'T need to provide support!" "so release THIS damn payload to us" type readers all harshly critizing DEV and Chronic for not releasing the Tethered payload.

Now that its released. 95.5% of the 2G readers downloaded the file.. This included the whiney "I don't like (tethered version)" , "I bet you can't find a untethered JB", and "I'm not gonna JB until its someone successfully JB theirs" type readers and Chronic, Dev haters.

Ironically, only around 6.5% of the cluebies have actually jailbroken their 2G. Leaving with the rest of 89% so-called l33t to da max!, who once harshly critized the DEV Team and Chronic for not releasing stuck with no clues on wtf to do!..

Whats really sad is.. These same so-called l33ters who talks the talks but couldn't walk the walks are posting questions like : "WTF! how do you do a DFU?" or "Wait! wtf is CMD? " , "How do you get to command prompt!" LOL.. BWahahahah! damn! DON'T GET ME WRONG! I'm not here to humiliate those poor souls.. I'm merely questioning why!? WHY? would they even jump onto the "Hey Dev and Chronic, release the damn paylaod" bandwangon when they have no clues what to do with it? Instead.. I question why couldn't they have waited patiently for the teams to come out with a more user-friendly GUI or an easier method? I mean, we are ALL eager to have it.. But when Dev and Chronic stated that its not user-friendly enough and not everyone will know how to force install this JB.. THEY GOT SHOT DOWN.. THEY GOT DISRESPECTED!, PPL were unappreciative of their effort for holding it back just a little longer just to resolve some of the issues that most are experiencing now.. NOW, DO YOU KNOW WHY THEY DIDN'T WANT TO RELEASE IT! BECAUSE NOW YOU ARE STUCK!.. sad..

So, I'm sorry I had to get this off my chest.. and I must admit the JB is cool as hell and only made possible by a handful of ppl who REALLY contributed to this forum.

Note: I know for a fact and have tested Shortperson1026's method and AriX's method and they work! In fact, I'm still testing other methods as we speak. I'll post some results soon.

As for some of the ppl being stuck.. Here's a few things I must mention.

1. DO NOT rely on the 10sec, 5 sec rule when trying to get into DFU mode. This can change due to ones computer and settings inside your BIOS under USB settings. A more practical way is to listen to the USB connect and disconnect sound generated by your computer. First Chime is to let go of the Power Button, Second Chime is to let go of your HOME button.

2. For those asking about the Libusb file. It is located inside the iRecovery win32 file posted by AriX. Best is to have that installed, reboot your computer before proceeding with the JB.

3. To get to Windows command prompt. The easist method is to hold the "Windows button and press R".. that will take you to the run window and you simply type "CMD" and it'll launch a command prompt window. This does not apply to Shortperson1026's tool as it's already compiled and you can double click the .exe file to launch it.

4. *IF* you are running windows XP and have some funky My Document name setting. Its best you extract the files to a folder within your "C" drive. It would make it alot easier to type : C:\whateverthenamedfolders

5. If your IPOD screen is BLACK and won't power on, that just means you are in restore mode so sometimes unplugging and replugging it will get the white screen to come up.

6. When itune tells you to restore.. Hold "Shift key" and mouse to the "Restore" button and make sure you navigate correct JB file which should have the extetion of .ipsw. Sometimes I see ppl navigating back to the original 2.2.1 file and hence restore it back to normal.. LOL..

I'm sure some will post Videos on how-to step by step soon. But in the meantime. Spent an extra 15min just READING word by word of the installation instructions in the file/s you've downloaded. Have a printed copy handy and next to you.. Its really not that hard.

Good luck..

</Jokingly sad>
  2. shiben589

shiben589 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ur right man, and i feel like one of those people who are "l33t wannabe's ", except that i was prepared for a manual JB, i found a tutorial and a few batch files that work for me (pheonix's) and its great, but it took me 9 HOURS to find it and get it working right, so yea, you guys all begged for a manual tool, and now you hafta DEAL
  3. vannmann

vannmann New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i understand EXACTLY what you are talking about. this is the very reason that i said that i would wait for the untethered jailbreak from chronic or the iphone dev team. and i still won't do it until i see dinozambas do it on youtube. i dont wont the hassle and i dont like begging for answers. this forum has went to hell ever since the possibility of a jailbreak. im new to this forum but im sure its never been this cluttered. there is no way to use the search function because of all the pointless threads. yet everyone screams use the search function. hopefully it will all calm down soon.
  4. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

it IS really sad. i've gotten TONS of emails and IM's about: "ahh im stuck! i can't jailbreak this thing!" and blaming it on the dev team and stuff. if you cannot perform an operation as so very simple as a jailbreak, then you should get off these forums, or simply not attempt it.
  5. awh

awh New Member

I agree. I don't know what is worse: the weeks of "I WANT IT NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!" and "You owe us an update!" and "I am gonna go make my own dev team if you don't hurry up!" reminiscent of 4-year-olds, or the current mix of "OMG you broke my iPod, this is epic fail" and "I am so awesome, I made a .BAT file, nobody else is as smart as me."

When I got an iPod Touch, I had no idea that I was joining the company of such immature whiners; it's depressing really.

At least I can take comfort in seeing all the fakers from before asking for help because they got stuck on some step or another.
  6. xephyr

xephyr Member

Amen. This is very true. And I'm tired of these kind of people. I had no problems pretty much and the ones that did occur were caused by errors on my part. Why people blame our friendly neighbourhood dev teams? I dont even know. But congrats to the 6.5 percent that jailbroke theirs successfully.

I am on of the 6.5%
  7. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

This post has bad logic. You see a lot of posts saying "OMG MY IPOD IS DED" because all of the people who successfully have jailbroken their iPod aren't posting all over the place. You see a lot of problems because the people who succeeded generally aren't making topics about it.
  8. Jamess

Jamess New Member

I couldn't get the jailbreak, but, well I finally got it. I feel stupid it took me THIS long to jailbreak it, I hoped they wouldn't release it and keep trying for an untethered version. If you don't know what cmd is, how to cd to something, then don't jailbreak.
  9. Coasterboi

Coasterboi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    And this is why I am waiting. I know I won't be able to understand it, and I won't risk it. I'm happy waiting for a reliable version. Seriously, the best things come to those who have waited longest.
  10. milkman

milkman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so what if theres spam, spam can be ignored/deleted if releasing the tether would have, say killed babies then i would think twice