you have to have a 2nd gen ipt for apps now?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Touchnoob0211, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Touchnoob0211

Touchnoob0211 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    the free application pac man lite will only install on a 2nd gen ipod touch. i have a 1st gen, and there is no price or free or install button on it, so you really cant. i really hope this doesnt happen with future apps...
    why is it that they would only want you to install on 2nd gen? like technical reasons? besides the obvious " go buy a 2nd gen touch".
  2. JohnyW

JohnyW New Member

It works on a first gen. I had the same issue you did, and I have a 2g. Just download it off of iTunes and sync.
  3. Touchnoob0211

Touchnoob0211 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    oh really?? well you said you have a 2nd gen, i have 1st.. but if it works from itunes.. thats funny. apple tries to get us every way possible.
  4. JohnyW

JohnyW New Member

Lol, ya. By little bro has it and he has a 1g, so if it works for him I don't know why it shouldn't for you. But ya, I had to find it off of iTunes in order to download.
  5. newton1221

newton1221 New Member

yeah a bunch of people were b*tching about this and I was just like try iTunes dummy, the app store doesn't always work the way it's supposed to at first, it works for first gen it just wasn't working in the app store right away
  6. frightenedcow

frightenedcow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    its cuz you cant jailbreak the 2g yet. you want the app go buy the 2g and leave jailbreaking behind.
  7. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Most of the time its just some error in the Metadata when they upload the App (As told by NGMoco when people couldn't get MazeFinger and Topple for 1st Gen.)
  8. Parrappa

Parrappa New Member

I bought FlashRiders and it said it was for the 2nd Gen. But I bought it off iTunes like you guys said and it still doesn't work because it won't sync. Whats the deal?
  9. JohnyW

JohnyW New Member

Does it say why it won't sync? It may be as simple as you need to authorize your compy to your iPod.
  10. Parrappa

Parrappa New Member

I've been buying apps since day one. My computer is authorized.

Please Register or Log in to view images

It says it won't sync because it's not compatible.